LX mini analog crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
LED's for Analog Crossover

Are the LED's in the extra parts kit for the Analog Crossover just for cosmetics for the chassis or do they have an operating function? I'm asking because I need to put the kit together the kit on the cheap and can't afford parts kit beyond the basic kit.

Thanks

ACN for Linkwitz Mini's

Having just completed Nelsons fine product , it sounds great. I like to stream audio and I use a Cambridge Audio CXN that has a very nice DAC. When you use the original MINIDSP crossover the signal is run through two dacs , by replacing the minidsp with an analog crossover[ ACN ]It improved the sound to my ears . Thanks Mr. Pass

The LX mini is not ment to use balanced, but you can put a balanced line transformer at the output if you like to drive your amps balanced. Or an unbalanced-to-balanced circuit. Or use another solution. One advantage with LX mini is the simplicity and I think it is a pity to add active stages.

Joined 2011
Are there any instructions available for wiring 2 of these crossovers for XLR balanced output??

It would be better, and more accurate, to use it single ended, with a SE -> BAL converter at each output.
Use a single op amp in the inverting mode, with two 10k resistors for the feedback (x -1 gain) for the
negative phase, at each filter output, for each channel. The normal filter outputs are the positive phase.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.