DIY Store Heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I emailed this question to the store but no response. So I will ask it here.

I need to get some heatsinks for my project. The question is on the shipping. I am looking at the 5U heatsinks, so when I add four into the cart it says that shipping is $40.12 and they weight 22 pounds. But when I select the ones that are pre-drilled and select 2 sides the shipping is $25.34. I assume that one side would be 2 heatsinks to complete a chassis. Can someone please explain the shipping price difference? Also is there an option for cheaper shipping prices on these?

Thanks,
John

I can't offer any help on the difference in the two shipping charges but I did recently order the heatsinks for the Amp Camp Amp and at first thought the shipping was a bit high but not terrible.
I hesitated but figured the overall price was still good enough so I went for it.
The things shipped out of Italy. Which made the shipping really reasonable.

Thanks for the response.
I did order them. The shipping does seem high but maybe they bundle in the taxes for them being shipped from Italy. Anyway you look at it these are beautiful heatsinks and the shipping time was ridiculous. They shipped out on Monday and I had them in my hands on Wednesday.
Just as a recommendation it would be nice if they could keep a stock in the US of these and offer cheaper shipping. I had a hard time finding heatsinks that would match these.
I am making my own enclosure, seeing how much cheaper I can make it than the ones they sell. In truth, its not that much cheaper. More rewarding and its a custom enclosure but I did not save as much as I thought I would. Their enclosures are a bargain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.