Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Chassis: Steel/Aluminum Cover
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2016, 11:51 PM   #1
ChrisM91 is offline ChrisM91  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Chassis: Steel/Aluminum Cover

I am looking at buying a 2U Galaxy chassis for a 12B4 preamp I am building. 330mm x 230mm

Galaxy 2U w/Aluminum Covers – diyAudio Store (BETA)

What is the difference between "steel covers" and "aluminum covers" is this the back, sides and top/bottom panel material? Why is steel so much cheaper?

Then it looks like the front (faceplate) I have the option for 3mm or 10mm in either silver or black. Right?
Old 6th March 2016, 03:52 PM   #2
loafimus is offline loafimus  United States
diyAudio Member

I have one of each and can say that the aluminum is a lot nicer. The steel covers are black painted steel. It's good quality and nice, but the aluminum feels a lot more "premium". It is only for the top and bottom panels I believe.

The 3mm and 10mm options are for the front panel. 10mm is crazy thick.
Old 6th March 2016, 06:14 PM   #3
ChrisM91 is offline ChrisM91  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafimus View Post
I have one of each and can say that the aluminum is a lot nicer. The steel covers are black painted steel. It's good quality and nice, but the aluminum feels a lot more "premium". It is only for the top and bottom panels I believe.

The 3mm and 10mm options are for the front panel. 10mm is crazy thick.
This is exactly the information I was looking for, thanks!

Chassis: Steel/Aluminum CoverHide this!Advertise here!