Attachments

• UMyyEXpbaNdyurrX.large.jpeg
    UMyyEXpbaNdyurrX.large.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 331
  • 2FQWIEvDoExCO1FQ.large.jpeg
    2FQWIEvDoExCO1FQ.large.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 328
Fog,

Are you using XLR in or RCA bridged mono? Your speakers are 4ohm, so RCA paralleled mono would be the way to go.

I was using XLR when testing with the Marantz. Funnily enough when I was getting decent volume on my small bookshelf speakers, I had it in bridged SE RCA mode (but just driven from a phone). Should I expect another 3dB of gain by switching to RCA bridged?!

Last edited:
I was using XLR when testing with the Marantz. Funnily enough when I was getting better gain on my small bookshelf speakers, I had it in bridged SE RCA mode (but just driven from a phone). Should I expect another 3dB of gain by switching to RCA bridged?!

I just rechecked the ACA Operation Modes page and it seems to imply that I would only get 5 Watts of power out to 4 ohms in XLR mode, but 16 Watts out in parallel mono!? It sounds like that may be the best approach for me. Looks like I also double my damping factor which could potentially tighten up my bass. But wondering how much noise and distortion will suffer as a result. Is the expectation that those are doubled as well?

Here is the measure :

Start by checking R7.
Top right hand corner and should be 10k ohms.
You have 24 volts one side of it (from Q2 D) and only 2.8 volts on the other (Q3 c).

It could be high resistance / open circuit or not soldered in properly.
Take a resistance reading, meter on 20k ohms, from the top of R5 to the D pin of Q2. It should read nearly 10k ohms after a few seconds.
Alan

Start by checking R7.
Top right hand corner and should be 10k ohms.
You have 24 volts one side of it (from Q2 D) and only 2.8 volts on the other (Q3 c).

It could be high resistance / open circuit or not soldered in properly.
Take a resistance reading, meter on 20k ohms, from the top of R5 to the D pin of Q2. It should read nearly 10k ohms after a few seconds.
Alan

Hi there,

R7 measure 3.2K (top) and 0.5K (to pin D of Q2).
R5 measure 3.3K to R7 to pin D of Q2.

So you think is a bad solder joint?

Sorry, not from those results...
If it was a poor connection you would expect more than 10k not less.
But I am a little confused by the way you have shown the results too, I do not understand what 'and 0.5k' or '3.3K to R7 to pin D' means.

So as there are no numbers on the resistance picture on post #404, can you check them again and record the values please? Alan

Sorry, not from those results...
If it was a poor connection you would expect more than 10k not less.
But I am a little confused by the way you have shown the results too, I do not understand what 'and 0.5k' or '3.3K to R7 to pin D' means.

So as there are no numbers on the resistance picture on post #404, can you check them again and record the values please? Alan

All measure are form the gound.
I measure 3.2K between R5 and R7
I measure 500 Ohms between R7 the pin D of Q2.
I measure 3.3K between R5 and pin G of Q2.

Sorry my mistake.

All measure are form the gound.
I measure 3.2K between R5 and R7
I measure 500 Ohms between R7 the pin D of Q2.
I measure 3.3K between R5 and pin G of Q2.

Sorry my mistake.

No mistake, just a different method I think.
And I am still not quite with you yet. So let's try something else.

Unsolder one end of R7, measure its resistance. (Should be 10k)
Next unsolder one end of R5, measure its resistance. (Should be 100r)
Leave them out of circuit for the next test.

Now put the Black meter lead on the ground wire.
Measure the resistance from ground to S, then from ground to G and again from ground to D of Q2.

Let us know the results. Alan