Amp Camp Amp Kit 1.6/1.8

Yes, the newer LED are probably brighter… LED technology and fabrication is in constant flux and improvement, and more brightness for a given current is something all the manufacturers are going to regard as beneficial for all users.

So as Zen Mod says, you are going to need experiment a little and adjust the resistor to taste. More ohms = dimmer.
And the kits are sometimes shipped with slightly different parts due to availability, pricing changes, etc.... but they still will work. I bet if you compare the model number of the LEDs from the original package they are different. Take a look at the data sheets for both types and you'll also see they list the output brightness/etc... and all of the other relevant parameters, and if you want to match the older ones you can look for these parameters, or get a bunch of one particular kind and replace them all. Or just live with the ones you got. :)

Building the 1.8 kit.
A dumb question about 3 way switch on the rear panel. In step 7 of the 1.8 build guide is says: Photo 3 - please align the ground (outside) tab to the TOP
How do you tell which is the ground tab?
In other words I don't see any indication of which side is up. I want to make sure I have the correct side up.

Here I am again.
Finished the build and checking the DC balance. Hooked up with no power and get 0V.
I am assuming the amp needs to be connected to power to get 12 volts across the meter.
Yes as Mooly says, you need to connect it to power. I personally hook mine up to speakers, but that is just a habit of mine to connect amplifiers to a load before turning on. Turn the 2 pots all the way down (counter-clock-wise) and plug it in. If there is no smoke or blown fuse, follow the build guide's instructions to set the voltage. Let things warm up for a good 30 minutes and go back and re-check as you likely will have to adjust a little bit more.

I need some help. I built two ACA's with the intention of using them as monoblocks. Neither is working. The first one registers when I try to set the potentiometer on one channel and the other is only reading 7.x Volts at max. I went back and resoldered the boards adding more solder to areas that looked like they may need a better connection. I traced all the wiring, and it looks correct. As this is my first project like this, I am unsure how to proceed. The lights do iluminate on both units, but i cannot get sound out of either.

I am hoping I did something obvious. Can someone please guide me how to troubleshoot.

Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpeg
    IMG_1240.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1241.jpeg
    IMG_1241.jpeg
    621 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1243.jpeg