Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st April 2019, 12:59 PM   #501
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
If you just move the PCBs without changing any wiring, that won’t change anything. The PCBs are identical, which side they are on is immaterial. The input wiring and output wiring is the only thing that matters.

That said, I’m not entirely sure what you are describing, could you post a couple photos?
Old 21st April 2019, 01:40 PM   #502
semmyroundel is offline semmyroundel  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks 6L6, here's a pic. I'm currently setting the bias.
Old 21st April 2019, 01:53 PM   #503
diyAudio Member

Don't know why my pics aren't loading
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190421_142031.jpg (816.4 KB, 233 views)
Old 21st April 2019, 02:04 PM   #504
diyAudio Moderator

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
The wiring appears on-side for input and output. So it doesn't matter for operation.

If you want symmetry, it looks like the easiest thing to do would be rotate the front and back panels 180deg.
Old 21st April 2019, 03:06 PM   #505
diyAudio Member

Thanks 6L6.
It might be my imagination, but it seemed to take a lot longer this time to set the bias to 12v it seemed to jump about a lot.
Also, when I turn the power on (having left the test leads on the boards, I noticed that initially the voltage jumps up to around 16v, then descends to about 10.5v and slowly creeps back to 12v after about 45 seconds, is this normal? In truth I didn't check to see if this happened on the first ACA I built.
Same model of Meanwell psu used on this amp.
Old 21st April 2019, 03:13 PM   #506
diyAudio Moderator

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Normal. Things take a bit of time to settle in on power up.

As for jumpyness on setting the DC point, you may have a not solid connection somewhere, or perhaps it’s just that the amp takes a bit of time to react to the changes, and you are trying to have it change too fast? Make a change in pot position, wait for it to settle, make another change, let it settle. It does not track the pot immediately.
Old 1st May 2019, 11:08 PM   #507
Chiptech is offline Chiptech
diyAudio Member

ah, new here. working on build 1.6. Confused about LED colors. do i sue two of the same colors, or one of each: red & blue?
Old 1st May 2019, 11:28 PM   #508
RafaPolit is offline RafaPolit  Ecuador
diyAudio Member

They are just "channel on" indicators. They are not within the audio signal nor are they used to control current or voltage. So you can pick them to fit your aesthetic needs:
- most people use two of the same color
- most people use the blue ones because this is a NelsonPass design
- you can use two reds with no problem if that is more to your tastes
- you can have one red and one blue, if you think it looks better, but I believe it could be confusing as to what each color means. Both represent the same concept: the channel is on and receiving electricity.

I'd go for same color, whichever you choose.

Best regards,
Rafa.
Old 1st May 2019, 11:56 PM   #509
Chiptech is offline Chiptech
diyAudio Member

Thank you sir. Very helpful. You have confirmed what I was thinking and go ahead and solder them in.

Gracias,

Chip
Old 20th May 2019, 10:13 PM   #510
BadToTheTone is offline BadToTheTone  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default LEDs

Late to the party and just getting around to assembling my balanced bridged monoblocks.

This is a niggly little thing. I had my heart set on those cool blue LEDs, then found I have 3 blue and 5 red. I'll just pick a few up at a local electronics store, which lists these: CREE BLUE LED 5MM 4100MCD VF=3.2VDC IF=20MA CREE5-BLU. Anything special about the ones in the kit? I measured 'em, they are 5mm.

On another note, when I got to the wiring & assembly stage, I found build thread posts #173 and #175 by Anand to be very helpful. These were comments on which wires to use where and a general assembly process. And of course the only reason I got that far was because of that really nice guide by 6L6. Thanks to you both. May want to consider incorporating posts #173 and #175 into the guide? Just a thought.

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6Hide this!Advertise here!