Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2018, 10:22 AM   #11
3kes is offline 3kes  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The PCB has been continuously available since it was first released several years ago, only going out of stock in the last few months, so most people who wanted to make an ACA from the bare PCB have done that over the years.

The kit has been the problem child, so we're focused on solving that issue at the moment. When the kit starts shipping, we'll make the PCB available for immediate sale, and so the PCB will start shipping then too. No concerns about the new PCB selling out, and that's why we're not doing a pre-sale of it - it's just much simpler to make it available for sale when it's available to ship and avoid all the headaches that go with pre-sales. If you sign up to the "notify me when available" notification for the PCB, you'll get an email as soon as it comes back in stock:
The product is just to good . Luckely we have the schematic so with some skills it's a great, real diy project.
Old 11th May 2018, 12:30 PM   #12
JSA1971 is offline JSA1971  Canada
diyAudio Member

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
ps; Jason, take a breather, dude - those of us who can't wait maybe don't deserve the fruit of all your efforts?[/QUOTE]

+1 👍
Old 12th May 2018, 03:22 AM   #13
gary s is offline gary s  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Incoming AC IEC lead for Meanwell PSU.

Can I ask a simple question here, for the upgraded Meanwell PSU, is the store supplying the correct incoming AC lead with each country's AC plug, or is that up to the purchaser to supply their own IEC lead with a plug to suit their AC supply wall outlet? I can see no mention with regards to this in the diyAudio store.

Regards

Gary..
Old 12th May 2018, 03:45 AM   #14
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
Can I ask a simple question here, for the upgraded Meanwell PSU, is the store supplying the correct incoming AC lead with each country's AC plug, or is that up to the purchaser to supply their own IEC lead with a plug to suit their AC supply wall outlet? I can see no mention with regards to this in the diyAudio store.

Regards

Gary..
Great question. The power supply operates from 86-264VAC and 47-63HZ, and has a generic 3 prong IEC 60320/C13 power cord inlet suitable for a "kettle cord". We ship it with a Linvox 3271V86 6 foot cord that has a US 3 prong plug. If that plug doesn't work for you, you can use a plug adapter, or "borrow" an IEC cord from your least favorite piece of equipment.

Last edited by Jason; 12th May 2018 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12th May 2018, 04:39 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jason, looking at the Linvox link I see that they offer this cord in all the usual different country's plug designs, so perhaps you could add that as an option in the store for this PSU - just a suggestion.
Old 12th May 2018, 04:58 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Power Switch.

One other question, if one orders the chassis with the front panel power switch cut-out, does that mean the rear panel will not have the hole for the power switch as shown in the build guide and photo's?

Also will the kit contain the correct power switch to suit the front panel cut-out and not the one as shown in the photo's to mount on the rear panel?

Cheers,

Gary..
Old 12th May 2018, 05:31 AM   #17
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Quote:
Thanks Jason, looking at the Linvox link I see that they offer this cord in all the usual different country's plug designs, so perhaps you could add that as an option in the store for this PSU - just a suggestion.
It's a good suggestion, just not that compatible with how our outsourced warehousing model works, which is not on demand assembly. We'll see what we can do in the future.

Quote:
One other question, if one orders the chassis with the front panel power switch cut-out, does that mean the rear panel will not have the hole for the power switch as shown in the build guide and photo's?

Also will the kit contain the correct power switch to suit the front panel cut-out and not the one as shown in the photo's to mount on the rear panel?
All kits have the same parts and include both front round rocker and rear toggle. All chassis share the same rear panel, just you can choose not to have the front hole (and I guess, you could drill it later or take it to a machine shop, should you get the itch to put the round rocker power switch on the front).
Old 12th May 2018, 05:49 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

.hanks again Jason for the answers - all clear for me.
Old 13th May 2018, 12:16 PM   #19
edbog is offline edbog  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Amp Camp Amp

I'm thinking of getting the new Amp Camp Amp which will ship July 31. I have a turntable which has its own preamp. I notice the A-C-A amp. does not have volume control and I see no way to adjust the volume without using an integrated amp with volume control. Therefore, it seems the A-C-A will not be what I'm looking for.

If it is suitable and I order two kets, how would I connect them to double the power or will instructions be included.

Edbog
Old 13th May 2018, 07:21 PM   #20
MEPER is offline MEPER  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbog View Post
I'm thinking of buying the ACA, v.1.6 to go on sale July of this year. My turntable has a built in preamp. I don't see any volume knob on v. 1.6. How can I change the volume or I cannot unless I also have a pre-amp with volume control. Or, is there a way to have the turntable connected to v. 1.6 and have this adjust the volume. If so, how could that be done.
If I buy to ACAs, how do I connect them to get twice the power?

I you look back in this thread it is shown how to bridge the amp using either XLR or RCA connectors.

The ACA is a power amp only so you need a kind of pre-amp. The ACA has a fixed gain.

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6Hide this!Advertise here!