Amp Camp Amp Kit 1.6/1.8

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Well there is music ( of course )! Feeling a little "black & blue ;)" and also a lot chagrined. Managed to populate the pcb's properly but majorly fouled up wiring the pcb's to the rca inputs and the speaker outs ( this should have been the easy part ). Only playing out of my phone now but this amp is resolving and delicate with the mids and highs. It is a good match with my OB Hestias as I figured it would be.

Of course many thanks to 6L6 who has put a lot of heart and soul into the ACA project and helped me with my mistakes. Thinking my pre amp will have lots more gain than my phone. Will report further once I get my whole system going in the main ACA thread.

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Liking the amp very much. Works nicely with the new Emotiva PT2 pre. Given my architectural realities I am shifting to near field listening and the ACA seems well suited to that. Want to add a musical sealed 8" sub so that may be my next project. To tell you the truth I would like to build another ACA to gift or loan and share the Class A experience.