Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Super Regulator
Super Regulator
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2019, 05:03 PM   #1711
ticknpop is offline ticknpop  Canada
diyAudio Member

Super Regulator
Opps - R5 and R 12 should be around 300 ohms for lowest noise, not 125 ohms when using Walt’s Gled 2.5 V Voltage reference for a 5 volt output
Old 30th June 2019, 12:40 AM   #1712
IanAS is offline IanAS  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticknpop View Post
R5 and R12 should be around 300 ohms for lowest noise
So that 8mA is an increase from the original 15 Volt circuit's 1.5mA through the Vref?
Old 30th June 2019, 07:04 AM   #1713
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

I think you would have to look at all noise sources and find which one is dominant. Is that the two resistors?

Jan
Old 8th July 2019, 01:38 AM   #1714
trung224 is online now trung224
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I am preparing for building a Super regulator, and would lijke to ask some question:

Which opamps could be used reliably without oscillation? I know the general consensus is AD825 or AD817 but I like to use a lower noise opamp like AD8065.

Do all of those electrolytic capacitors need to be 120uF 25V strictly, since 100uF or 220uf is much more available?

Trung
Old 8th July 2019, 06:58 AM   #1715
diyAudio Member

I don't have any experience with that opamp. If you can get one as a sample, why not try it. Do you have the means to test for oscillations (scope)?

The electrolytics are not critical at all. I would not go overboard, but the values you mention should work OK.

Jan
Old 8th July 2019, 09:13 AM   #1716
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
I don't have any experience with that opamp. If you can get one as a sample, why not try it. Do you have the means to test for oscillations (scope)?

The electrolytics are not critical at all. I would not go overboard, but the values you mention should work OK.

Jan
Thanks for your answer. I don't have any oscilloscope at home yet, even though I know how to do it, that why I ask.
Old 8th July 2019, 09:21 AM   #1717
diyAudio Member

Every household should have at least one scope ;-)

Jan
Old 8th July 2019, 01:00 PM   #1718
diyAudio Member

Hi Jan,
one more question, could I use super regulator to power the Bruno Putzeys balanced preamp, replace the Hypex/7815 regulators?

Trung
Old 8th July 2019, 01:25 PM   #1719
diyAudio Member

I don't know the exact current requirement of Bruno's preamp but assuming it is not above 150mA for two channels (and I think it isn't), should be no problem.

Jan
Old 19th August 2019, 12:21 PM   #1720
ishizeno is offline ishizeno
diyAudio Member

Has anyone had any success replacing the D44H11/D45H11 by the MJD44H11/MJD45H11 in order to deal with tight space constraints?

Super RegulatorHide this!Advertise here!