Super Regulator

I swapped opamp but nothing changed.
I suspect D45h11g, only this parts,I bought from auction site because I needed to wait long time on mouser.
Looks ok though.
I will build another 12v reg so see it happpen.

Attachments

• PXL_20230522_183703264.jpg
    PXL_20230522_183703264.jpg
    611.4 KB · Views: 62
@tamra, you can connect GLED431 as they are connected in this scheme, it is a Walt Jung shunt regulator but the right side is identical to a series regulator.
Instead of 2SK3557 you can use 2SK246 or similar jfet. Instead of zener diodes for D2 and D7, you can also use a red LED.

Attachments

• Universal Shunt Regulator for Audio Applications.png
    Universal Shunt Regulator for Audio Applications.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 230
@grunf Thanks, it helps. The reference noise is audible in my system (not as noise per se, but affects the clarity of the sound). I am currently using the LTC6655LN series reference with a 100uF internal filter and no external filter (no R4/C9). It sounds great, but needs a bootstrap. I want to try GLED431 next to compare.

Just curious (for my education), when you say ZXTP2041F is better than ZTX951, what part of the specs are you referring to? Thanks again as always!

@grunf Thanks, it helps. The reference noise is audible in my system (not as noise per se, but affects the clarity of the sound). I am currently using the LTC6655LN series reference with a 100uF internal filter and no external filter (no R4/C9). It sounds great, but needs a bootstrap. I want to try GLED431 next to compare.

Just curious (for my education), when you say ZXTP2041F is better than ZTX951, what part of the specs are you referring to? Thanks again as always!
Every reference improvement affects the regulator itself and R4/C9 are an integral part of it which also affect the sound and performance of the regulator and should not be omitted. I think it could be done with a bandgap voltage reference like the LTC6655, just reduce the Cout on the LTC itself.
I think that GLED431 with good CCS beats LTC6655 in terms of noise but not in precision and an improved version of GLED431 in impendance as well.

ZXTP2041F is better than ZXTP2027FTA in GLED431, but I have never compared them with ZTX951.