Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V3)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th August 2018, 01:17 PM   #321
Roadrune is offline Roadrune
diyAudio Member

Hi, new member and first post, so be kind

I just built two of theese boards, one working fine, the other one however is only opening one relay.

I powered them from a 15VDC powersupply i had from before, using 12V relays that might be low, but the three other relays are working fine.

Now my skills in electronics are REALLY low all i could find out was that this relay got now power to the coil, and the Ohm was different over the last rectifier then all the other ones, so i swapped it for a new one.

Now i get power to the coil, but it still wont close...

I messed up my order for parts so i have double of everything except the relays, so my question is: can it be anything else than a faulty relay?

Sorry for my bad english (im Norwegian) and for the poor explanation (i am a plumber)
Old 14th October 2018, 08:50 AM   #322
astromo is offline astromo  Australia
diyAudio Member

Howdy, question about source voltage (and I don't think this has been specifically asked from my travels through the thread. Apologies if I missed relevant comment) and here goes:

Based on the commentary here from Post #50:
Does that mean if I'm planning to use a main PSU transformer with 18 VAC secondaries, then for K1 and K2 it would be appropriate and workable to select an Omron G5LE-1A4-DC9 as alternate components:
G5LE-1A4-DC9 Omron Electronics | Mouser Australia
and that way I could simply take a feed off one of the 18 VAC secondaries to power the board?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by astromo; 14th October 2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 15th October 2018, 06:58 PM   #323
astromo is offline astromo  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmcl View Post
Thanks! Do you happen to have a replacement for 78THLR6400 and 78THLR6405 (LEDs)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbis View Post
I think I ordered 78-TLHR6400 and 78-TLHG6405 from Mouser for those but maybe I got the BOM numbers wrong. They are both still in stock though. Anyway I'm not sure how much it matters if you get the ones on the BOM. I haven't powered my board up yet.
This looks like a straight up typo in the BoM to me.

The "TLH" in the part number quoted by dbis appears to refer to a Vishay make component. I understand that the component is generic but it wouldn't hurt to update the BoM so that a directly locatable part is called up.

And, just for fun, the listed 400V rectifiers (i.e. D3, D4, D5, D6) are coming up as obsolete for me and Mouser is redirecting me to this alternative:
Find Electronic Components | Mouser Australia
Any foreseeable issues with that?
Old 16th October 2018, 05:19 PM   #324
nater01 is offline nater01  United States
diyAudio Member

I am looking at using this board in an amp that does a touch over 800 watts into 4 ohms... Does anyone have any recommendations on which relay I could use? I will run a separate 12v transformer
Old 9th November 2018, 05:12 PM   #325
CubeDweller is offline CubeDweller  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astromo View Post

And, just for fun, the listed 400V rectifiers (i.e. D3, D4, D5, D6) are coming up as obsolete for me and Mouser is redirecting me to this alternative:
Find Electronic Components | Mouser Australia
Any foreseeable issues with that?

The RLG suffix breaks down to RL="Tape&Reel" and the G="Pb Free"
It's the same diode as in the BOM otherwise.

Secret Decoder Ring here: http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/1N4001-D.PDF

Jeff

Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V3)Hide this!Advertise here!