Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V3)

Antek AN-6224 & Speaker Protection Board Relay Clarification

I would suggest the use of a separate small transformer to power the speaker protection boards. 30VAC is too much for 12V relays and not enough for 24V relays.

OK, I got totally lost in this exchange about transformers and this speaker protection board. I will be using an Antek AN-6224, 600VA 24V in a F5T V2 build. So will this board work with the 600/24V transformer providing I use the 24V relays? Or, will I have to have a separate transformer to drive this board?

Thank you in advance for clearing this up...

OK, I got totally lost in this exchange about transformers and this speaker protection board. I will be using an Antek AN-6224, 600VA 24V in a F5T V2 build. So will this board work with the 600/24V transformer providing I use the 24V relays? Or, will I have to have a separate transformer to drive this board?

Thank you in advance for clearing this up...

OK, if you don't want to get a dedicated small transformer, you can tap one of the 0-24 and use that to power the speaker protection board. I'd use two 12V relays there since they are in series, not 24V.

RE: Antek AN-6224 & Speaker Protection Board Relay Clarification

OK, if you don't want to get a dedicated small transformer, you can tap one of the 0-24 and use that to power the speaker protection board. I'd use two 12V relays there since they are in series, not 24V.

Thanks JojoD818 for the quick reply and for putting me back on track! Your help is greatly appreciated. I will go ahead and solder in two 12V relays on the board.

Again, many thanks for the quick and thorough reply...:)

Hey guys,

Just to make it explicit for simpletons like me :). If I understand correctly, the decision for 5V relays for 12v PSU vs 12v relays for 24V PSU is because the coils are in series.

I'm looking at this for a standard honeybadger using the +/-63v or so PSU. As such, it seems there is no standard replacement relay of appropriate coil voltage so I'll be looking at the separate transformer just for relays (looking at posts 32/36).

Sound about right?

Last edited:
Hi,

I have two of these boards, and want to populate them for mono use.

Can R12 and the corresponding relay K2.2 be deleted and the coil K2.1 jumpered?

If there is only one relay in play, then the supply voltage must be halved.

Will the circuit still work with a 5V supply?

Thanks!