Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

V3 Universal Power Supply Circuit Board
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2018, 01:13 PM   #381
Mixi is offline Mixi  Europe
diyAudio Member

I read through this article on the TNT site and I think it explained a lot.
I'm assuming with a linear unregulated supply the output voltage would change as the input voltage changes, right? When using a linear unregulated PSU in an amp I guess we need to assume that the input voltage will be constant. Is that right?

....me on a quest to actually understand the designs I build ... :-)
Old 3rd February 2019, 10:52 PM   #382
spades is offline spades  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Are there any changes to be made to the diy audio power supply so that it can be used for a f1 of2 mono amplifier these amplifiers use single rail power supplies.Thanks spades
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:04 PM   #383
KevinHeem is online now KevinHeem  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spades View Post
Are there any changes to be made to the diy audio power supply so that it can be used for a f1 of2 mono amplifier these amplifiers use single rail power supplies.Thanks spades
What are you meaning by "mono amplifier"?
Old 4th February 2019, 04:01 PM   #384
diyAudio Member

one ampifirer for the left and right channel s with seperate power supplies for each channel.Thanks spades
Old 4th February 2019, 04:04 PM   #385
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

If making a (pair of) single rail supply merely separate the PCB in the middle and treat like two separate PSUs.

Watch your grounds and apply a little logic, as the markings on the PCB are assuming that you'll use it as a bipolar supply.
Old 4th February 2019, 11:49 PM   #386
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the reply 6l6 when you say to use logic i assume that would be with regard to the dc output to the f1 boards .Iam some what confused as the f1 amplifier uses a single rail in truth the reason a im considering this board is the one i have works well but the size is small thus the capacitors are limited to small size .would like to fit larger say about 33000uk at 35vdc as opposed to the 15000 at 245vdc i have at the moment.Whilst i appreciate that it si for me to learn and be safe a few pointers would be really helpful.Regards Spades
Old 5th February 2019, 02:34 AM   #387
KevinHeem is online now KevinHeem  United States
diyAudio Member

Default SOMEONE PLEASE VERIFY THIS!!!

@spades
I think what your question boils down to is "can you use the negative side of the PSU board for a positive supply"...correct?

If so, I believe the answer is yes...going by the schematic below I would connect V+2 to D-2 and V-2 to D+2. You MUST turn capacitors C1, C2, C5, C6 around (if you don't they will explode!!!!). LED3 would need to be turned around as well. Do not install R11 and R12 or C17 and C18. GND-3 would now be your negative connection, and V- would now be your positive connection.

You would not need to separate the boards, as there is no electrical connection between the two.

My question to others is should the ground on the two separate boards be connected at ST_G1 and ST_G2?

If I had a spare PSU board I would try this myself to make sure, but I don't. Please don't try this unless you can start it up with a variac at very low voltage to test.

P-PSU-1V30-schematic.pdf

SOMEONE PLEASE VERIFY THIS!!! before I encourage someone to build a missile launcher!!!
Old 5th February 2019, 03:25 AM   #388
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spades View Post
Thanks for the reply 6l6 when you say to use logic i assume that would be with regard to the dc output to the f1 boards .Iam some what confused as the f1 amplifier uses a single rail in truth the reason a im considering this board is the one i have works well but the size is small thus the capacitors are limited to small size .would like to fit larger say about 33000uk at 35vdc as opposed to the 15000 at 245vdc i have at the moment.Whilst i appreciate that it si for me to learn and be safe a few pointers would be really helpful.Regards Spades

So you don't know why the F1 has a single rail PSU, but you are wanting to change the values of some of the components in the PSU?

Can you describe better the parts and such that you already have and how you are intending to use them? I'm just trying to get a feel for what you've already got and what you are planning.
Old 12th February 2019, 10:33 AM   #389
ghitus is offline ghitus
diyAudio Member

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I'm planning to build a linear unregulated PS for an amp based on Connex electronic Cxd400 class d modules. Someone suggested me to use a 45 0 45 trafo (is this a center tapped one?) These modules accept symmetric PS, so do these PS output symmetric voltage? I've seen that thw pcb is divided in two identical parts which have their inputs and their outputs. Given that the two identical outputs can be used to feed the two modules, how has trafo to be connected to both pcbs? So these are the first of a serie of questions which I will do if I start to build this PS. I hope you will help me in doing this!
Thanks in advance,
Gaetano.

V3 Universal Power Supply Circuit BoardHide this!Advertise here!