2SK170 2SJ74 F-5 BOM??????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In Swap meet some folks are selling the requiste JFETs at this time, if they are not sold out...

... but you might want to start a separate thread in the PASS section asking the question...

...the short answer is that cascoding would permit somewhat lower voltage devices to function... but the IDSS and the Yfs would need to end up being close to the original parts, and also the linearity ought to be comparable to the original parts for best results.

...the opinions I express are without the benefit of credibility or the blessings of the management or staff...

_-_-

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!!!!

I do not work with the transistors enough to design or make modifications. I do have the time now, but not the money. So I have to stay with direct replacements.

The kit is a bit pricey. FETAudio may be a way to go, if he is reliable as you say. These transistors, apparently, are not being made. So I guess I need to find out if they are from China or NOS. I will soot him an e-mail. I have had some problems with there parts.

One thing I was not aware of, I need to find matched transistors between channels, did not know that.

A new thread is a good idea. There are 1001 pages plus of info on these F-5 boards. Some are good, but incomplete and most are outdated regarding direct replacements.

SPEAKERS are what I DO MOST!!!!!!

There were recommendations on the J175 and J111. But are these good or just ... Does the circuit need modifications? I do not know enough to feel comfortable using them with my limited knowledge.

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/J175-189347.pdf

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/J111-188753.pdf

I sent FETAudio an e-mail.

Thanks so much for the replies!

Paul

Attachments

• DSC00352 (640x480).jpg
    DSC00352 (640x480).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 549
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 551
  • DSC00370.jpg
    DSC00370.jpg
    687 KB · Views: 531
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.