F-5 Turbo boards

Ah, I see, you mean single chassis - 2 heatsink "monoblocs"?

Teabag's stuff is all on one single board, so you can make a monobloc, but it's going to be all on one heatsink. That's fine for me, since I would build a different profile than the standard chassis with the left right heatsink set up.

It my opinion that this is not as efficient in terms of utilizing the heatsink as it might be. Vertical is how I am going, myself. Of course that yields a different shape amp, and isn't going on a rack so well, but I don't like racks/shelves that much, and never put my amps on them anyhow... :D

_-_-

eitherway, I'll tell my friend to wait a bit, and hope the Cviller boards come up again...

Bear i have the full Cviller boards and all matched fets for a 2pr setup, purchased a few years ago when it was offered , doubt i will ever use , let me know if interested , i may part with it, i really dont see myself having speakers where i can use an F5c.

Regards ...

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Provisions for JFET degeneration

Does F-5T boards have specific provisions for the use of extra degeneration resistor for the 2SJ74 to make it track better the 2SK170 (the EUVL trick used for the F5X)?
Or is this tweak completely redundant after Mr. Pass introduced the P3 potentiometer?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

Could someone post a BOM for the latest generation of the Store's F5T boards? It appears that there are parts ID inconsistencies between NP's schematic and the Store's boards and I lack the expertise to confirm what goes where.

Much appreciated,
Scott

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

Could someone post a BOM for the latest generation of the Store's F5T boards? It appears that there are parts ID inconsistencies between NP's schematic and the Store's boards and I lack the expertise to confirm what goes where.

Much appreciated,
Scott

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
palmito - the bom will work, you might have to do a small logic exercise to determine exactly where those pieces go -- but there have been no changes to the circuit or parts.

Get the parts, they will make you an F5T regardless of what version PCB.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I paid for F5T boards from Paypal on 11/15 13. I have never ordered from DIY until now. The website when I ordered said shipping November 18. Did I get boards from that shipment. I noticed that it is saying Dec. 18 now. Just wanting to know how it all works??
Russ

Yes, same shipment, slipped shipping date ;) What *should* happen is we email everyone when dates change. We don't have an automated way of doing that so it isn't happening yet. What I should do, and will do in future, is post an update to the store news thread whenever we have information about new shipping dates.

I've always tried to be conservative and base dates on prior experience and I am routinely surprised at how differently things go just when you think things have "smoothed out". A supplier that used to turn around stuff quickly takes an extra month, customs decides they want to hold on to a delivery an extra few weeks, a package goes missing, a single part from a kit of 50 parts gets delayed causing a chain reaction, Christmas starts slowing down international deliveries from otherwise reliable transport companies... etc.