General diyAudio store questions thread

Hey Jason,

I'm an Aussie living in NYC but moving back to Australia in a few months. I'm planning to build 3 x F5TV3 amps (maybe 5) when back in Oz. I thought I'd get the various electronic parts here in the US since they are probably cheaper. Then the chassis and heatsinks when back in Sydney.

My questions:
1. Are the parts just as cheap in Australia?
2. Should I get the PCB and PSU while in the US or wait 'til Australia? If they're being shipped from Australia then I'll just get them there.
3. Are there going to be any F5TV3 PCBs available or will there be at some point in the future as far as you're aware? I have seen a few people building the V3's but no PCBs on the DIY store. I figure they're using the V2 boards and connecting them for the outputs. I think I'd prefer to have just the one board. There is a guy selling them on ebay actually from Hong Kong, I believe. Any thoughts on that? I'd prefer to get the DIYAudio ones.
4. Where can you get the chassis and sinks in Australia? Again should I get them over here since we are shipping part of a container back home and it wont cost anything extra to throw this stuff in.

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I would like to buy boards and heat sink chassis from diy audio store . I dont have pay pal account or credit card . what is the another method to buy things from store . do you accept western union money transfer method . thank you

Yes Biju55, we now accept payments through Western Union. Please contact the Helpdesk (helpdesk@diyaudio.com) if you prefer this method of payment for your purchases. Thanks.

Hi DIYstore
I'd like to place an order for 2 honey badger, 2 soft start and speaker delay and 2 Universal PSU boards but notice the latter is out of stock. Can you provide an estimate of when these will be back in stock and is it worth waiting for to get everything in before proceeding (thinking about shipping costs to UK)
Thanks!

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi DIYstore
I'd like to place an order for 2 honey badger, 2 soft start and speaker delay and 2 Universal PSU boards but notice the latter is out of stock. Can you provide an estimate of when these will be back in stock and is it worth waiting for to get everything in before proceeding (thinking about shipping costs to UK)
Thanks!

Hi BKevin. We are awaiting delivery of the boards within a month. To help you decide, it will cost an additional US$7 (approx) to ship the 2x PSU boards separately via Royal Mail Airmail.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
DIY Store - Help, I am located in South Korea

Dear DIY Store,

I am an italian that follow your site from some years but, due to the fact that I work around in the world, was not easy for me to plan to build anything.
Now I am located in Ulsan - South Korea (I coming from Saudi Arabia where is quite impossible to plan anything) and I will stay here for almost 2 years. Korea is a nice country but here the problem is the language. Very few people speak english and everything (including digi-key site) is write in Korean.
I am interest to build the F5T (or maybe AlepX) and I would like to know if the shipment to Korea is a problem.

Thanks

Enrico

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Dear DIY Store,

I am an italian that follow your site from some years but, due to the fact that I work around in the world, was not easy for me to plan to build anything.
Now I am located in Ulsan - South Korea (I coming from Saudi Arabia where is quite impossible to plan anything) and I will stay here for almost 2 years. Korea is a nice country but here the problem is the language. Very few people speak english and everything (including digi-key site) is write in Korean.
I am interest to build the F5T (or maybe AlepX) and I would like to know if the shipment to Korea is a problem.

Thanks

Enrico

Hi Enrico. We've had a few orders originating from South Korea and we've had successful deliveries for most of them. However, I would suggest that you take out insurance for your purchase. If you have any difficulty placing the order, please feel free to contact the Helpdesk (helpdesk@diyaudio.com).

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Sorry for being relatively incommunicado the last few weeks. We have been working non stop on the new batch of 4U and 5U chassis, new bigger, better and badder F5-T compatible PSU board and the ACA kit and ACA chassis. There's some small but very important changes coming up which are going to make our lives that much easier and simpler to DIY!

Jason, Do you have any news on when the F-5c Clone boards will be back in stock?

We don't have any plans to re-stock the F-5c, but we will be shortly stocking the F-5t.

Hey Jason,

I'm an Aussie living in NYC but moving back to Australia in a few months. I'm planning to build 3 x F5TV3 amps (maybe 5) when back in Oz. I thought I'd get the various electronic parts here in the US since they are probably cheaper. Then the chassis and heatsinks when back in Sydney.

My questions:
1. Are the parts just as cheap in Australia?
2. Should I get the PCB and PSU while in the US or wait 'til Australia? If they're being shipped from Australia then I'll just get them there.
3. Are there going to be any F5TV3 PCBs available or will there be at some point in the future as far as you're aware? I have seen a few people building the V3's but no PCBs on the DIY store. I figure they're using the V2 boards and connecting them for the outputs. I think I'd prefer to have just the one board. There is a guy selling them on ebay actually from Hong Kong, I believe. Any thoughts on that? I'd prefer to get the DIYAudio ones.
4. Where can you get the chassis and sinks in Australia? Again should I get them over here since we are shipping part of a container back home and it wont cost anything extra to throw this stuff in.

1. I'm not sure, you'll need to check - typically I find parts are cheapest in the USA, but then you have to add the shipping cost, so you'll have to do the maths yourself.
2. We don't ship anything from Australia (we're really just a small home brew organisation, but we do use commercial shipping warehouses in the US and EU - not enough Australian demand yet to warrant the costs of having another warehouse in Australia).
3. Yes! They will be in stock very soon, I think Mark is sending them in the next day or two.
4. Please see (2) above - all our chassis are based in a warehouse in the USA. Throw them in with your other stuff if you can!

¿So no boards until March then? What a pity, have to p2p on bareboard then...:(

Yes, it was super annoying... sorry!

Hi DIYstore
Thanks!

Just putting the final touches on the new PSU board as we speak. I'd expect it to be in stock in around 45 days from now.

When will the 2U no heatsink chassis be available again? Thanks.

It's being or been manufactured already, but needs to get to the USA by sea so expect it within 2-3 months.