General diyAudio store questions thread

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
WHAMMY parts kits and chassis are a month or two off, but it's really happening ;) (progress picture attached)

Attachments

• whammy chassis in production.jpeg
    whammy chassis in production.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
hi I finally pick up the package in my local FedEx and I'm really amaze of how well padded was the 5U Pesante really nice I have a question about the IEC plug that goes in the back of the chassis what part number work for the IEC hole? for 5U Pesante Order #DAS-12205

here is the picture of the cut out for the IEC plug

I have a PESANTE 3U and also am looking for a IEC that fits in the provided space. I've looked around, but still haven't come up with an answer.

thanks

I am hoping this is the correct place to ask this question. Please direct me elsewhere if appropriate.
I am looking at buying/building the Elekit TU-8200R with the Lundhal OPTs. I also notice that there are some upgrade option for capacitors. Do you also sell these (individually or in kits)?

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I am hoping this is the correct place to ask this question. Please direct me elsewhere if appropriate.
I am looking at buying/building the Elekit TU-8200R with the Lundhal OPTs. I also notice that there are some upgrade option for capacitors. Do you also sell these (individually or in kits)?

Our supplier offers this option: Mundorf EVO silver gold coupling cap

Please contact the store Helpdesk via email to contact@diyaudiostore.com for assistance on placing an Elekit order to include the above upgrade. Thanks.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Yes, there is some good news in that we can say that it will be produced. But we can't give a time frame. Hopefully about 2-3 months, perhaps before Christmas, perhaps not.

Our existing supplier is working on the next production batch as time allows them. However we're also going to start producing kits in-house in parallel to ensure continuity of supply in the medium and long term.

There will be a small first test batch of 50 of these in-house kits released perhaps before that next big batch, suitable for builders who are ok with helping us iron out any kinks in our production process. If you're interested, join the B1K in-house production beta test special interest list. If you'd rather not be a beta tester, use the "email me when available" link when you select the complete kit on the Korg Nutube B1 sales page and you'll get an email when the kit is back in stock.

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Hi,
there are so many cool possible projects in the store - do you have plans to offer parts kits, for example for the power amps (M2x)? It would be cool to by everything from one source. However, I don't know if there were kits available for the power amps in 2013 or so, as they are "older" offerings (based on the forum discussions).
Thanks in advance.

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Hi,
there are so many cool possible projects in the store - do you have plans to offer parts kits, for example for the power amps (M2x)? It would be cool to by everything from one source. However, I don't know if there were kits available for the power amps in 2013 or so, as they are "older" offerings (based on the forum discussions).
Thanks in advance.

2nd. I'd love a turnkey kit for one of the big FW products, I know the answer is likely 'no' for a host of reasons (SUPER complex to manage SOOOO many parts, not stepping on the toes of the commercial products, demand not high enough, only so much the fine people running the DIY store can manage, etc.) - but even if not a FW kit, something more ambitious than the ACA. Seeing how many people are buying 2 ACA and running in mono (already at $650 for a pair), some sort of $600-1000 kit.

I have 95% of the parts for an Aleph J build, and while getting everything was part of the fun, I know for many it might be too much.

Also, would love to have a formal partnership, products in the Store for speaker kits (like knock-down kits for Mark Audio drivers and such).

I'm not complaining...I LOVE this resource, but just throwing out my feedback on what would get me to spend even more money!

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
There will never be a full kit for an amplifier powered with a transformer. (That said, parts kits, usually the amplifier’s PCB stuffings are available from time to time.)

Think of them as an opportunity to learn, lots of people have done it successfully, and the reward is a genuinely fantastic amplifier. It’s an incredibly rewarding process. :yes:

There will most likely be brick powered full kits in the future, as the availability and quality of bricks get bigger and better, there are more possibilities open to making wonderful amplifiers that have the potential to be complete kits.

Last edited: