General diyAudio store questions thread

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hey,

Is the B1 with korg nutube full kit likely to come back in stock or open for another pre order? If so, when may that be? Just trying to decide whether I should buy the PCB + Jfet kit or wait for it to maybe come back in stock.

Thanks
Ben :)

We're still dealing with resolving some issues with the pre-orders, once they have all be settled we'll make the extras we have available for sale. Click the "notify me when available" link to get notified when it comes back in stock. Probably won't be shipping before Christmas.

Hi Jason,

Are the 4U deluxe steel chassis available from the store ? I tried to buy one today, but the shipping step said that it couldn't ship to my address and to contact the store. I'm in Pennsylvania and never has problems with shipping from the store before.

Paul

Hello,

I placed an order for a Deluxe 4U Aluminum chassis on December 29th. It looks like payment went through, but the order status shows as unfulfilled.

I was wondering - will this be updated with tracking info once it ships?

Thanks

Are you still waiting? I placed an order directly with Modushop on the 30th. Two weeks later the order is still pending. Emails have not been responded to.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Jason,
Do you know if ACP+ parts (and/or chassis) kits will become available?

What Jim said! A parts kit is in the works. Chassis at a later date, probably. Focus for now is on the minimal and simpler naked version as it was made at BAF.

Hello, Not sure where do ask this, but when will the Whammy headamp parts and pcb be back in stock again please? I have clicked notify me already but if any time frame we know

Thanks!

Both chassis and parts kits are in production, I'd expect them both to be ready and selling in about 3 months.

Hi Jason,

Are the 4U deluxe steel chassis available from the store ? I tried to buy one today, but the shipping step said that it couldn't ship to my address and to contact the store. I'm in Pennsylvania and never has problems with shipping from the store before.

Paul

They are. It sounds like the shipping rater software couldn't generate a shipping rate, and Shopify throw up a not-so-meaningful error. Sometimes this happens when the server gets overloaded or there are obscure edge-cases. Our store software Shopify doesn't provide any nice way to pass back meaningful information to the checkout in these cases.

In any event, please contact the helpdesk at contact@diyaudiostore.com if it doesn't start working again, and the helpdesk will resolve any issue that might exist.

Never mind, I got the order to go through by not logging on.

That does sound odd, maybe it was a cookie related issue, please do contact the helpdesk with the cart contents at contact@diyaudiostore.com and they can review your logged-in account details and test the items you had in your cart against whatever address is in that account and debug it.

Hello,

I placed an order for a Deluxe 4U Aluminum chassis on December 29th. It looks like payment went through, but the order status shows as unfulfilled.

I was wondering - will this be updated with tracking info once it ships?

Thanks

Hifi2000 were on Christmas holidays until Jan 3rd. Yes, it will be updated with tracking info once it ships.

Any news on the ACA 1.6 to 1.8 back panel upgrade kits?

They stalled due to some bill of material issues (offering just the new rear panel or also including the new chassis rails which pushed up the price a lot). I think we'll just offer the back panel by itself. You can grab one right now from here or they will be in the diyAudio store in about a month.

Are you still waiting? I placed an order directly with Modushop on the 30th. Two weeks later the order is still pending. Emails have not been responded to.

There were a few questions related to ordering from Modushop which have been removed from this thread, which is for general questions about the diyAudio store. For any questions related to Modushop please email them at info@modushop.biz.

So ordered 2 things January 12
1 back panel and 1 B1 Korg Kit.
Back panel arrives in Canada from Italy in 3 days
B1 Korg says expected delivery Feb 3-4 from USA

What's up with that ? :D

Sounds like USPS. I couldn't find an order with your email address, but I see another order to CA for an ACA with the US origin portion shipping 15th arriving 19th.

From the top of the USPS website "ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE."

We pull USPS shipping dates directly from the USPS API so any shipping dates officially from USPS should have been advertised at checkout.

Sadly our 3PL can only ship with FedEx once per week so currently we are not offering FedEx. I appreciate the irony of an international part of the order arriving before one from "just across the border" but it's a topsy turvey world in the US at the moment.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by phomchick View Post
Any news on the ACA 1.6 to 1.8 back panel upgrade kits?
They stalled due to some bill of material issues (offering just the new rear panel or also including the new chassis rails which pushed up the price a lot). I think we'll just offer the back panel by itself. You can grab one right now from here or they will be in the diyAudio store in about a month.
What's different about the side rails?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Sometimes a ticket gets assigned to another department without us first replying to the ticket to let you know it's been read and assigned. Customers should always be told their ticket has been read and is being worked on. That is what should happen, though it didn't happen in this case. Please accept our apologies.

Pre-Amp Kit Options

Hi Jason,

I am looking for a suitable pre-amp kit to build. I have got the ACA kit so looking for a pre-amp that will work well with it and other amps. I prefer a warmer sound (i listen to a Copland CSA 14 and Sonus Faber Concertos).
After the ACA I will look to start building an Aleph J.

As there are a few on the diyAudio Store it would be good to have your feedback/suggestion on a suitable option.

Thanks in advance.
Justin