General diyAudio store questions thread

Gianluca, thanks for confirming.

Second question then -- how are non-word engravings counted in the engraving service? I'm planning on having lines engraved around the volume knob. Is that considered 1 "word"? Is this the kind of thing where the invoice is updated after reviewing the design?

Yes, that would be considered one word. You can send your drawing to contact@diyaudiostore.com so I can have a look at it first and then show you what to put in the cart

When I specified engraving for a rear panel, Gianluca mailed me to say that printing would be lower cost. It still looks superb.

For a front panel I might have made a different choice.

Craig

Yeah I usually suggest to go with digital priting instead of engraving because most of the times it is cheaper and the final result is better, especially when the text we have to reproduce is very small

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Any info about the Aleph J board?
Approximately when it will be available?

COVID related shipping delays. ETA was 2 weeks ago, no current ETA. Hopefully they will turn up soon.

hi,
Any ETA on the F6 kits perchance?

Thanks so much!

At this stage I'm being told about 1 month from now.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this so request mods to move it if necessary.

I'm going to procure a 4Ux400mm size enclosure locally for cost reasons and would like to have the holes on the heatsink as per the UMS specification (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1006/5046/files/universal-mounting-specification-v2.1.pdf).

How would I align this on a heatsink say 400mm(W) x 165mm(H)? Is it center aligned i.e leaving equal spaces on both sides vertically and horizontally?

Also, would it be possible to supply a cad drawing so it can be given to the fabrication shop?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this so request mods to move it if necessary.

I'm going to procure a 4Ux400mm size enclosure locally for cost reasons and would like to have the holes on the heatsink as per the UMS specification (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1006/5046/files/universal-mounting-specification-v2.1.pdf).

How would I align this on a heatsink say 400mm(W) x 165mm(H)? Is it center aligned i.e leaving equal spaces on both sides vertically and horizontally?

Also, would it be possible to supply a cad drawing so it can be given to the fabrication shop?

Yes, center aligned, and vertically the choice is yours. We position it vertically down a little to try to provide for the most flexible result considering the many different types of boards and transistor placements. As you have a specific project in mind you should choose a vertical placement that provides as much breathing room for your transistors as possible.

I don't have a CAD diagram, but you could use Front Panel Designer and the detailed UMS PDF to quickly knock up something for your fab shop tailored to your project.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Back panel kits arrived are currently en-route to the warehouse in MA, and I just checked the tracking and it says they are already in MA. Allow another day or so to get there, and then a few business days for the warehouse staff to receive them. They will be available for sale immediately after that and there will be no concern about running out of stock for quite a while.