General diyAudio store questions thread

no answear if they shipped to Puerto Rico or not

I was checking the store and sadly they don't shipped to Puerto Rico I was interested on the chassis 5U when I go to place and order I got this result :(
I mean I would like to know the shipping cost for zip code 00678 Quebradillas Puerto Rico

Attachments

• werwerwer.JPG
    werwerwer.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I was checking the store and sadly they don't shipped to Puerto Rico I was interested on the chassis 5U when I go to place and order I got this result :(
I mean I would like to know the shipping cost for zip code 00678 Quebradillas Puerto Rico

Hello Juan,

We DO ship to Puerto Rico! :) Shipping charges have already been loaded on the store but for some reason they are not being taken into consideration when you are about to complete your order, please allow a couple of days to fix this

IEC part number need it

hi I finally pick up the package in my local FedEx and I'm really amaze of how well padded was the 5U Pesante really nice I have a question about the IEC plug that goes in the back of the chassis what part number work for the IEC hole? for 5U Pesante Order #DAS-12205

here is the picture of the cut out for the IEC plug

Attachments

• 20200327_122102[1].jpg
    20200327_122102[1].jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 255
Why not ask the company?

I'm a great fan of their cases and have built a number of projects into them. There are only two negatives: Every part is painted or anodized, so you have quite a bit of mechanical work to ensure all the case parts make good and safe electrical contact. And the extruded heatsinks are slightly banana shaped. That is always the case with extruded heatsinks, and the only way to ensure good thermal contact is to flatten them. I do that laboriously using a flat surface and coarse 80-grit belt sander paper.

I haven't asked the company about those points, but I'm betting that they would do both on request for a nominal extra sum as post machining operations.

Last edited:
Why not ask the company?

I'm a great fan of their cases and have built a number of projects into them. There are only two negatives: Every part is painted or anodized, so you have quite a bit of mechanical work to ensure all the case parts make good and safe electrical contact. And the extruded heatsinks are slightly banana shaped. That is always the case with extruded heatsinks, and the only way to ensure good thermal contact is to flatten them. I do that laboriously using a flat surface and coarse 80-grit belt sander paper.

I haven't asked the company about those points, but I'm betting that they would do both on request for a nominal extra sum as post machining operations.

I did but not answer from them yet, oh yes good I need to do something about the earth GND the paint is all over really well covered I mean no complain but for the chassis to be safe need to have the GND green wire with the yellow line to metal chassis anyway I'm please the quality is really good :)

hi guys I found the part number for IEC plug but I have a question, I'm planing to use a halo switch with a circuit that I have to turn on the amplifier in a save matter and you guys think that I can make a hole with this knockout puncher? is there a section here on diyaudio.com that is dedicated to chassis build? the knockout puncher is 1 1/8"

Attachments

• 20200329_140741.jpg
    20200329_140741.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 227
  • halo switch.jpg
    halo switch.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited: