General diyAudio store questions thread

Jason,
Are there optional non wave profile heat sinks available for the Dissipante 4U chassis?
I noticed that on the Hi-Fi 2000 website there are images of straight fin heat sinks.
Only asking because I prefer the look of straight fins over the wave profile.

I'm not sure if I can post this, but I recall one seller on ebay having lots and lots of straight heatsinks, lots of sizes, all in aluminum. I'll try to find them.

Well that sucks, without a pair in front of me or CAD drawing of the HS I wouldn't know this. OK, 600 mm, two 300 mm per side, probably need a thicker bottom panel and six feet. I keep looking at eBay chassis, but I don't think I want to buy them. I'm looking at a 4U 300/400 mm for my Leach amp and a 5U 300 mm for my BJT amp design. Still don't know what to do about the high bias mosfet mono blocks, maybe two 5U 400 mm and trim the OPS current down some. I do like the CNC Rear Panel for 4-5U.

MI

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'm still holding on, even if the chances are slim and none, for a Deluxe or Dissipante 500 mm chassis, using one 300 mm and one 200 mm heat sink on each side. you know Christmas is just around the corner..... ;) :D

MI

Hifi2000 does have a 500mm deep chassis comprised of 2x250 deep heatsinks. We don't stock it, but we can order it for you, just email us at contact@diyaudiostore.com with the details of your requirements. It would be expensive because the drilling would be custom, but you'd only need to get the holes drilled that you need.

...but the extrusion profiles of the 300 and 200mm heatsinks are different. It would look really odd.

Actually all HF2K heatsinks now have the wave pattern. There was a process of phasing out the old ones for the new ones, so a lot of photos still have the old profile.

Hifi2000 does have a 500mm deep chassis comprised of 2x250 deep heatsinks. We don't stock it, but we can order it for you, just email us at contact@diyaudiostore.com with the details of your requirements. It would be expensive because the drilling would be custom, but you'd only need to get the holes drilled that you need.

Jason,

Well, that's nice, I've been to their web site, never saw the 500 mm Dissipante. This does explain the 250 mm heat sinks I saw at the store. Can I get the deluxe rear panel with this and the panel printing options?

Thanks,
MI

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
You can get anything you like.

A 5U Deluxe rear panel would fit on the back, and that would save you some custom panel fees. We don't currently sell those separately, but we can arrange for you to get one as a special order for a reduced price. In the future we will move to a new "substitution" system where you can take take a base chassis and chop and change as you like, but it's a way off.

You can get any design made you like though, and the pricing is here: CNC work on 2mm, 3mm and 4mm aluminum panels – diyAudio Store

1-10 holes - $30
11-20 holes - $50

The heatsinks would be custom, you can see the pricing here: Drilling and tapping of 40mm heatsinks – diyAudio Store

4 heatsinks, $50 per heatsink = $200 to have drilled and tapped any way you like.

Jason,

Excellent, I no longer need to search the Internet for chassis. I will order a 4U 300 or 400mm Dissipante for my Leach amp within 4 weeks, after I get some configuration problems worked out on my mock-up. I probably won't order the two 5U 500 mm chassis till after the holidays, it will take awhile to get a good layout done, these definitely solve my chassis problem.

Thanks Again,
MI

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The ACA 1.1 (same as the old ACA, just with the new layout) is currently awaiting the chassis changes. That and we’re trying to find some new and awesome power supplies.

As for the newer more amazing amp, I have not heard any updates from Nelson. (He won’t even share the schematic with me yet... :) )

hi Diystore mods,

Do we have any expected timeline for Active crossover kits (I'm particularly interested in Open Baffle Active xover something similar to B5 or B4) and PCB released in the stores ? I heard on many instances from Nelson that he will be releasing the kits soon beginning of this year but not sure when.

If you have the timeline or released dates, please let me know

Thanks
Tom