Go Back   Home > Forums > >

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

General diyAudio store questions thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th September 2021, 05:30 AM   #371
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Yes! We are now shipping to the UK using DHL Express DDP (Duties and taxes pre-paid).
Old 13th September 2021, 12:10 PM   #372
Helpdesk is offline Helpdesk
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingM View Post
I am hoping this is the correct place to ask this question. Please direct me elsewhere if appropriate.
I am looking at buying/building the Elekit TU-8200R with the Lundhal OPTs. I also notice that there are some upgrade option for capacitors. Do you also sell these (individually or in kits)?
Our supplier offers this option: Mundorf EVO silver gold coupling cap

Please contact the store Helpdesk via email to contact@diyaudiostore.com for assistance on placing an Elekit order to include the above upgrade. Thanks.
Old 13th September 2021, 05:51 PM   #373
sawyers is offline sawyers  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Yes! We are now shipping to the UK using DHL Express DDP (Duties and taxes pre-paid).
Great news!

Thanks Jason.

Craig
Old 26th September 2021, 07:19 PM   #374
Plott is offline Plott  Austria
Have to find one :)
diyAudio Member

Hi Jason,
are there any (good) news concerning the B1K completion kit?
Thank you in advance!
Old 27th September 2021, 02:02 AM   #375
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Yes, there is some good news in that we can say that it will be produced. But we can't give a time frame. Hopefully about 2-3 months, perhaps before Christmas, perhaps not.

Our existing supplier is working on the next production batch as time allows them. However we're also going to start producing kits in-house in parallel to ensure continuity of supply in the medium and long term.

There will be a small first test batch of 50 of these in-house kits released perhaps before that next big batch, suitable for builders who are ok with helping us iron out any kinks in our production process. If you're interested, join the B1K in-house production beta test special interest list. If you'd rather not be a beta tester, use the "email me when available" link when you select the complete kit on the Korg Nutube B1 sales page and you'll get an email when the kit is back in stock.
Old 27th September 2021, 08:16 AM   #376
diyAudio Member

Thank you Jason, really good news!
Old 16th October 2021, 06:54 PM   #377
diyAudio Member

Hi,
there are so many cool possible projects in the store - do you have plans to offer parts kits, for example for the power amps (M2x)? It would be cool to by everything from one source. However, I don't know if there were kits available for the power amps in 2013 or so, as they are "older" offerings (based on the forum discussions).
Thanks in advance.
Old 16th October 2021, 07:48 PM   #378
canonken is offline canonken  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plott View Post
Hi,
there are so many cool possible projects in the store - do you have plans to offer parts kits, for example for the power amps (M2x)? It would be cool to by everything from one source. However, I don't know if there were kits available for the power amps in 2013 or so, as they are "older" offerings (based on the forum discussions).
Thanks in advance.
2nd. I'd love a turnkey kit for one of the big FW products, I know the answer is likely 'no' for a host of reasons (SUPER complex to manage SOOOO many parts, not stepping on the toes of the commercial products, demand not high enough, only so much the fine people running the DIY store can manage, etc.) - but even if not a FW kit, something more ambitious than the ACA. Seeing how many people are buying 2 ACA and running in mono (already at $650 for a pair), some sort of $600-1000 kit.

I have 95% of the parts for an Aleph J build, and while getting everything was part of the fun, I know for many it might be too much.

Also, would love to have a formal partnership, products in the Store for speaker kits (like knock-down kits for Mark Audio drivers and such).

I'm not complaining...I LOVE this resource, but just throwing out my feedback on what would get me to spend even more money!
Old 16th October 2021, 10:18 PM   #379
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

There will never be a full kit for an amplifier powered with a transformer. (That said, parts kits, usually the amplifier’s PCB stuffings are available from time to time.)

Think of them as an opportunity to learn, lots of people have done it successfully, and the reward is a genuinely fantastic amplifier. It’s an incredibly rewarding process.

There will most likely be brick powered full kits in the future, as the availability and quality of bricks get bigger and better, there are more possibilities open to making wonderful amplifiers that have the potential to be complete kits.

Last edited by 6L6; 16th October 2021 at 10:30 PM.
Old 16th October 2021, 11:04 PM   #380
justinhd is offline justinhd  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

After a year of waiting for the Korg B1 kit to come out I have rather given up. I know stock is an issue but it tells me it’s the wrong kit to go for.

General diyAudio store questions threadHide this!Advertise here!