Go Back   Home > Forums > >

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

General diyAudio store questions thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2021, 04:19 AM   #351
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

The MOSFETs for the Aleph J don't need to be matched, but the ones in the new Aleph J MOSFET + JFETs kit are matched for Vgs anyway
Old 10th June 2021, 06:41 PM   #352
SnookHaus is offline SnookHaus  United States
diyAudio Member

Default JFET's for ACP+

I am trying to order the JFET's for the ACP+ and not sure which of the P channel quads to order.

Also, am I able to purchase the J113's as well? I purchased a partial kit from someone and need all of the JFET's

Thank you, Justin
Old 11th June 2021, 05:55 AM   #353
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnookHaus View Post
I am trying to order the JFET's for the ACP+ and not sure which of the P channel quads to order.
P Channel Quad, preferentially the 6-8mA option.

Quote:
Also, am I able to purchase the J113's as well? I purchased a partial kit from someone and need all of the JFET's
Sorry, we don't sell the J113s except those included in the ACP+ parts kit.

We are slowly moving towards a store configuration where all PCBs sold in the store will include the hard to find / match bits, currently in a transition phase.
Old 11th June 2021, 08:06 AM   #354
SnookHaus is offline SnookHaus  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the quick response. No worries on the J113's. I didn't think they were available for purchase but thought I would check.
Old 11th June 2021, 02:46 PM   #355
poibruce is offline poibruce  United States
diyAudio Member

Location: Boise by way of Dallas; Portland, ME; and Chicagoland.
Hi,

Sorry to be a pest, but is there a rough ETA on this yet?

Thanks,

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
It's running behind schedule, should be ready very soon, but I can't give an ETA. Very soon is what we're hoping for.
Old 14th June 2021, 12:28 AM   #356
diyAudio Administrator

Yes, there is a rough ETA on the back panel kits from our supplier of "a few weeks", but that has been the case for quite a while. Apparently one of the parts has been difficult to get ahold of, global supply chains are really strained at the moment with many parts having 4-5 month lead times and ports/customs delays.

We are acutely aware of the inconvenience this is causing people who would like to complete their kits using Deluxe Chassis. We are pushing our supplier as hard as we can to get these ready to ship. Unfortunately currently we don't make these in-house. We're as pained as you are, and therefore this is a problem that will need to be addressed once we have the capacity to do so. Thank you for your patience.
Old 14th June 2021, 01:09 AM   #357
canonken is offline canonken  United States
diyAudio Member

As someone who builds electronics for a living (on the business, not purely technical side...I oversee the supply chains), it is VERY bad right now.

Not only can you not get things, but shipping is jammed up as well. There are parts I used to commonly get on the open market, or with a 'short' wait, and some of these are 6-12 months, if at all (vendors are prioritizing high-demand, important stuff, and some of the quirky fun stuff is put on the back burner).

It will get better, hopefully in the next 3-12 months.
Old 14th June 2021, 07:29 AM   #358
sawyers is offline sawyers  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

That is absolutely true. All sorts of vanilla parts from OnSemi etc are on Dec 21 and early 22 delivery now. And many capacitors, particularly surface mount, are on massive lead times too. Processor chips have dried up to the extent that they cost five times the nominal price (because bulk users have stocked up - for example PC and automotive manufacturers).
  Reply to this post

General diyAudio store questions threadHide this!Advertise here!