General diyAudio store questions thread

Thank you. I have located a set of RCA's which are silver plated over OFC. Just waiting on them and the wire to be delivered. I am going with 26 gauge 4n silver wire inside of cotton shoe laces. I will save $5.00 a foot for the wire doing it this way. Also found a website that sells custom printed heatshrink for a good price too. I will post a pic when I get them done.

Ok another question.... I have the cables made, I really like the sound, 75' of 26 gauge silver wire cost me $36.00, rca's solid OFC silver plated $8.00, rest of the parts around $13.00 to make it look nice and professional, including heatshrink with gold printing of my last name on it.

Now, I want to build a DAC with spdif, usb, and optical. I would like to be able to switch from digital to optical with a rotary switch. I would like a tube buffer on the output. I stopped looking on google and ebay when I started to get a headache. Any suggestions for a decent sounding DAC?

I want to be able to input my iPad, computer or any other usb device, run digital signal direct from a computer, my spouse's Apple computer, ect. I would also like to put it in a Plexiglas case to show it off. I was thinking of just making a case with a wood front, but I was wondering about grounding issues. Maybe 1/8" wood panels with a steel plate laminated between them and a steel frame?

Merrisa

ACA Kits

Is there an eta on having the ACA kits in stock?

Also, would diyaudio consider offering the ACA heat sinks for sale separately? I enjoy crafting my own enclosures, but dread buying heat sinks from Hong Kong due to shipping damage and expense.

Thanks, Henry

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I would also like to put it in a Plexiglas case to show it off. I was thinking of just making a case with a wood front, but I was wondering about grounding issues. Maybe 1/8" wood panels with a steel plate laminated between them and a steel frame?

We have a wide range of small cases, you could consider using plexiglass on the top instead of the metal or alu covers that comes with them.

Deluxe 4U Chassis already sold out. Getting more?

I'm hoping the next batch will be shipping by mid December. Half of the ones arriving are already pre-ordered so if you want to secure one consider pre-ordering in case there is a rush on them when they actually turn up.

The next batch after that batch will be in about 4 months from now (Conservatively, March 2014).

Might even offer some in black just for pre-order - I'll announce that over email to the store mailing list though.

Is there any ETA on the 2U Pesante (Maximally Vented) chassis being back in stock? Any pre-orders?

We'll get some for the next batch (March 2014).

Is there an eta on having the ACA kits in stock?

Also, would diyaudio consider offering the ACA heat sinks for sale separately? I enjoy crafting my own enclosures, but dread buying heat sinks from Hong Kong due to shipping damage and expense.

Thanks, Henry

We'll have some standard heatsinks available in the next batch (March 2014) - but they won't have the pre-drilled holes, you'd have to tap them yourselves.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Can I get the diyAudio T shirts in white? The ordering page shows white and black, but doesn't allow a choice when ordering.

Thanks

Just black sorry! We never actually made white ones.

Hi Jason;

Have ever shipped a 5U chassis to Canada? Can you estimate a cost based on your shipping mode.

Thanks
Matt

Please see this post:

We don't have any more information than that but if you do order please post your learnings here and share them so other Canucks can learn from the experience.

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Jason;

Have ever shipped a 5U chassis to Canada? Can you estimate a cost based on your shipping mode.

Thanks
Matt

For Canada, here are the shipping cost estimates:
USD123.55 (USPS Priority Mail International)
USD190.12 (USPS Express Mail International)

When at the diyAudio store site, this is how to get the shipping cost:
After adding items to your cart, click CHECKOUT. In the central area of the page, under CALCULATE SHIPPING, add in your country and other requested information then click on the GET A QUOTE button.

If you have difficulty placing an order, please contact Customer Care. Thanks.