General diyAudio store questions thread

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I received a “0.1mA matched quad” of 2SJ74 B grade JFETs today. They all were tossed in a bag only marked 6-8mA.

Leaves me wondering if they were actually tested and matched at a specific tight value per the stringent conditions noted on the Store description page.
Steve, these jfets were matched by Nelson Pass and his team at Pass Labs.

More helpful information on this in our store's JFET matching information page:
https://diyaudiostore.com/pages/jfet-matching-information

Reactions: 1 user
Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi @Helpdesk ,
Is there any news on the Whammy PCB coming back into stock? Also, Does the Whammy chassis drop ship from Modushop or from the store in the US?
Warm regards
Erick
Hi Erick, Whammy pcbs are expected to get re-stocked in two months. The full whammy kit, including the chassis, is shipped from the USA warehouse.

Reactions: 1 user
hello all,

i am looking for a entry point into electronics and was looking at the amp camp 1.8. I have turned a pair of M-audio AV40 speakers into passive speakers and they currently use speaker wire from a philips receiver(..or is this a amp? it used to be used with a sound bar and a bluetooth sub woofer) and its connected to a HDMI out signal from my PC/graphics card.

If i buy the amp camp, can i use all my existing hardware with adapters?

should i use audio out by that 3.5 jack on my motherboard or continue to use HDMI with a amp camp?
Can i use speaker wire with the AV40 speakers? I think these are 4 ohm

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hello,

I purchased 2 sets of matched quads (Toshiba 2SJ74 Quad 8-11mA and Toshiba 2SK170/2SJ74 Quad 8-11mA) from the store a while back. When I checked this week for use in a project they no longer seem to match. I followed the store's JFET matching information page to check. Is it possible for the JFETs go out of match? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Subbu