General diyAudio store questions thread

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
So are the kits available now? I am able to add to my cart and pay but it still says "sold out". Sorry for my confusion, just want to be sure. Thanks again, Ron

They should be available in about 24 hours. We have plenty of kits but there are not that many heatsinks sets left (if you needed a pair). We'll have the "nice" ACA chassis for survey / presale also in 24-48 hours (in which case you won't need heatsinks). If you want to reserve one of the existing heatsinks, that is no problem, just write to helpdesk@diyaudio.com with your delivery name and address and one can be reserved for you in a customized held order, and when you want to add other stuff to your order we can just give you a total price and invoice you with paypal (all outside of the store).

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Waiting for the ACA Chassis with parts as well as 2U Chassis for buying. hope to see them soon
Good work guys
kannan

Thanks Kannan :) We're just finalizing pricing on the ACA chassis. We'll have lots of different 2U chassis arriving (including "half width" and "quarter width" Galaxy boxes great for smaller projects) with the next main chassis order which will be arriving in around 2 months.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Dear Jason,
Yesterday I place my order for F4 PCB, softstart and others but I need the PSU pcb too that is out of stock. Any chance to be back in the next days? I can wait for a while to get my order and make one shipment only to korea.
Thanks and best regards
Enrico

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Dear Jason,
Yesterday I place my order for F4 PCB, softstart and others but I need the PSU pcb too that is out of stock. Any chance to be back in the next days? I can wait for a while to get my order and make one shipment only to korea.
Thanks and best regards
Enrico

The new PSU will be in stock in about 45 days.

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi
What is the postage for 1 BA3 front end pcb to malaysia?
thanks

kp93300

Hi kp93300,
Here is an estimate (of shipping charges for one BA-3 board to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia): USPS First-Class Mail International US$10.07 or
USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Padded Envelope (plus insurance) US$27.60. It would be a good idea to take out insurance on your package.

To determine shipping costs to your area, please go through the process of ordering an item. When you view the shopping cart, the lower half of the page has an “Estimate Shipping and Tax” box. Fill in the country, state/province and area code boxes to get a quote. You won’t need to proceed past this “Shopping Cart” page if you are just determining shipping costs prior to ordering.
Read more: Store Policies and Shipping Time Frames.

Feel free to reach out to Customer Care if you have further concerns or encounter any difficulties while ordering. Thanks.

Hi

I need to find out if my board order has been shipped yet, or whether I am one of the guys waiting for the rest of the new V3 PSU boards to come in.

I ordered on pre-order the following:
- One set of Aleph J boards
- 2 PSU V3 boards

I also ordered one set of F4 boards which was in stock at the time.

Usually I get an e-mail from the store as soon as it ships, which I have not received. Just want to confirm this.

Henry

Joined 2000
Paid Member
The replacement batch of PSU boards arrived last Friday and are now being processed by the fulfillment center. They should start shipping in the next day or two - so all orders that have been waiting for them will go out at that time (if there isn't something else you've ordered that isn't also waiting (eg F5T). Sorry for the delay.

diode section separate?

Does the diyAudio Store foresee offering the power supply diode section board separately? It looks like a great way to fulfill the need for a nice diode bridge package for those having incompatible caps or not needing the capacitor section. I wince thinking about paying for and not using 2/3's of the circuit board (and I need two orders to do a dual mono amp). ;)
Thanks,
Henry

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Does the diyAudio Store foresee offering the power supply diode section board separately? It looks like a great way to fulfill the need for a nice diode bridge package for those having incompatible caps or not needing the capacitor section. I wince thinking about paying for and not using 2/3's of the circuit board (and I need two orders to do a dual mono amp). ;)
Thanks,
Henry

We don't have any plans currently. We might do a smaller PSU board in the future for smaller PSU needs though.

If you are adventurous it's not that difficult to make your own. A small piece of perfboard or other strata is all you need. Here's some pics and info from 6L6 and Daniel W. that helped me make several.

See Here *For a TDA Project.

See Here *For a BA project (Last 4 photos)

Attachments

• 20130822_133920.jpg
    20130822_133920.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 20130822_133938.jpg
    20130822_133938.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Diodes.jpg
    Diodes.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 279
  • PS Line.jpg
    PS Line.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 270
Scott and Bob, I appreciate the ideas and Bob's pictures are very instructional. Thanks for going to the trouble of linking those for me. You guys rock. :worship:

I'm still waiting on some parts and have a week or two to decide how to address the diode section. And it looks like I need a chassis as well since the one I planned on re-purposing is a bit undersized in the heat sink department. My cheap project is monetarily out of control already. :rolleyes: