General diyAudio store feedback thread

I also received my 4U chassis without a hitch. Looks like it will work out great. I'll post some pictures of the F4 when it's done. Should only be another month or so.

Thanks again Jason. And in particular, thanks for founding this site. You wouldn't believe how much time I've spent on it, and how much I've learned.

best regards
Phil

E X C E L L E N T

I purchased three chassis and could not be happier.

Excellent product quality, super-fast delivery, and great purchasing experience from the moment of ordering all the way to confirmation of delivery.

You guys must have put lots of hours before being able to "open the gates" - well done.

Yes, there is always room for improvement, but nothing occurs to me right now.

Thanks for making this purchase possible!

Cheers,

D

Last edited:
Love the store! To have some of the projects that we develop or watch develop available in one easy to access place... Just great. PCBs especially; but chassis, heatsinks and even complete kits. Very cool.

I just purchased and received the Amp Camp bundle, ordering was easy, the bits were well packed and arrived quickly too.

Thanks for putting this together. I'll be back for more!

I have purchased several items (F5 and power supply boards) in the past and it has always been great, good quality boards and quick shipping. Now that they carry chassis, I ordered a 4U deluxe first chance I got. The quality of the chassis is great and packing is also first rated. There shouldn't be any worry of shipping damage. Highly recommended.

Mike

I've purchased the soft start PCB, PSU PCB, and the 4U chassis. All at different times, and response times have been fantastic.

PCBs were shipped via USPS, and arrived in great shape.

I would like to see other shipping companies other than UPS for the chassis delivery (I'm not a fan of UPS). The chassis box was a bit banged up (from shipping), but the contents were undamaged (Great packaging!)

Hi Jason,

purchased the amp camp full kit - arrived in a week in perfect condition. The quality of the components is excellent - the boards are stuffed, just sourcing some parts to complete the chassis. Can't wait to hear it. Photos will be up soon.

Thanks to the diyaudio staff for the great service and for your hard work in providing such a rich resource for us diyers. :up::cheers:

fly in the ointment

Let me be the fly in the ointment in this feel-good thread....

I sent in my request for about 11 items (primarily to build a 5C) on Oct 29. For more than a week there was no response. Then I emailed diyAudio store support asking if they could update me on the status of the order. No response. Then out-of-the-blue I get an email on Nov. 11 saying that my order has been sent to the warehouse. No info on when it is going to ship out (no ballpark estimate,nothing). Then today (Nov 12) I get an email from Jason Donald (founder, diyAudio) hoping that I had received all my items and had started assembling the kit. I did not know whether to laugh or cry.....

Still waiting...

I would not mind the wait, if the store atleast updated me saying that they are doing something and why it is taking so long and when they expect to ship out. The sound of silence is killing me softly..

I ordered Soft-start and speaker protector combo. Everything arrived in perfect order very quickly to Croatia. The boards are of great quality and were easy to assemble due to very detailed instructions. Looking forward to buy some more diyaudio boards for future projects.
I would like to make a suggestion that you include protection from DC offset in the mains to the soft-start boards, or to offer it as a separate board. It would make a nice addition to your power supply related product list.

Oh, forgot to mention, the boards are already doing their fine job in my amp :)
Thank you !

diyaudio boards 2.jpg

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback. It's really heartening to see everything shipping (in almost all cases) very smoothly and to get this feedback on the overall quality of the products.

I've purchased the soft start PCB, PSU PCB, and the 4U chassis. All at different times, and response times have been fantastic.

PCBs were shipped via USPS, and arrived in great shape.

I would like to see other shipping companies other than UPS for the chassis delivery (I'm not a fan of UPS). The chassis box was a bit banged up (from shipping), but the contents were undamaged (Great packaging!)

We've increased the number of shipping options, and now international orders should see USPS as an additional option.

Our chassis boxes are indeed particularly well packaged. One problem people have reported is that if those chassis boxes are put inside a larger "multiple item container box" with other stuff (which is just cardboard and wrapping), the chassis boxes can be too heavy for it. What we're going to do in the future is have all heavy chassis boxes shipped separately to ensure the integrity of any multiple item container boxes.

Let me be the fly in the ointment in this feel-good thread....

Thanks for the feedback and for making contact Bugz. I've been on extended holidays so please excuse my delay in personally replying to your feedback.

Firstly I'd like to clarify what you or anyone else should expect from us in terms of our responsiveness. We normally have a 24 turnaround on putting things in the post (unless they are out of stock or it's a weekend). This used to be same day, but due to people wanting to change orders after they've submitted them we have now delayed putting things in the post until the morning of the next business day. So if you order any time on a Monday it will be in the post Tuesday. If you order any time Friday, it will be in the post Monday.

Our helpdesk (helpdesk@diyaudio.com or diyAudio | Portal) typically provides a 24 hour turnaround on all support inquiries sent during business hours, sometimes it's 48 hours.

In terms of communication about the order process, you should receive an email:

1. When you order
  2. When the order has been received by our fulfillment center
  3. When the order has been sent to the warehouse
  4. When the item has shipped and what the tracking number is (if any)
  5. If the item has tracking, when it is delivered

I then also send out a followup email 2 weeks later to make sure everything went smoothly and catch any problems and gather constructive feedback. I'm really glad you've spoken up, we're really grateful for your order and and I relish the chance to try and turn these issues into the best problem resolution you've ever experienced.

Firstly the reason why your order was delayed was due to the back panel parts kit being out of stock and following on from that, us failing to deliver on the promise we made on the sales page for that parts kit where we said that for US domestic orders we would send everything else out first, and then send the back panel parts when they came into stock. What happened was that out of courtesy we started emailing anyone who ordered the back panel parts kit to double check with them what their preference would be - to have everything sent at once or to split the order. About 50% of people preferred to wait for everything to be sent at once. Somewhere along the line that manual system fell down, we didn't email you, and your order got held instead of split with no email from us to let you know that was the case.

Our system shows your items have now been delivered which is great, however we're really sorry about the lack of communication and failure to live up to the special offer we made and we're going to make it up to you big time.

In terms of you not receiving notification emails, I'm not sure what to say about that but will work with you on tracking down why you didn't get them. It may be something as simple as a typo in the email address or them getting put into your spam folder. Our records show that all 5 emails (invoice/acceptance/warehouse/shipping & tracking/delivery) were sent to your primary email address.

We didn't receive any emails or messages from you to our helpdesk email address (helpdesk@diyaudio.com) or web support system (diyAudio | Portal), which is why you didn't hear back from our helpdesk. I'll follow up with you privately to find out where your emails were sent and how we can ensure that our helpdesk contact channels are clearly advertised in the future.

Lastly, thanks again for the feedback. We will continually improve our systems as time goes on thanks to your constructive criticism. Please expect an email from me shortly to deal with everything you have raised here and more.

Last edited: