General diyAudio store feedback thread

My diy shop expirience

Value of components higher on package then payed, result few dollars more for customs.
Amplifier boards should came with schematic diagram and boom list, if chines sellers can do it so you can do it too.

I know you working hard but few details on paper will help customer to understand difference from purchased and delivered goods.

Best regards.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
It would be good if the customer was allowed to choose shipping options on small value orders so that shipping does not cost more than items cost. This would eliminate the helpdesk from having to do a manual order.
This should be an easy fix.

Due to the complexity of the system and number of variables I can't comment on why this would happen without knowing what products were in the order and where they were headed. PM me and I'll work out why this happened! Thanks!

Value of components higher on package then payed, result few dollars more for customs.
Amplifier boards should came with schematic diagram and boom list, if chines sellers can do it so you can do it too.

I know you working hard but few details on paper will help customer to understand difference from purchased and delivered goods.

Best regards.

Can you please PM me with the details. I would like to work out why your receipt showed higher values than you paid. I'm sorry that cost you money at customs. It's very odd and I'd like to get to the bottom of that!

Most of our boards have schematic and BOM - I am currently importing all our boards into our new store and will double check that every single board we sell has both a current schematic and BOM.

I'm still waiting on the manufacturer of 5U deluxe chassis to respond to an order. It's been 3 weeks and no response.
I can't build my F6 without the chassis.

That's pretty odd. Please email me at jason.donald@diyaudiostore.com and I'll take of this for you. I'm with Hifi2000 in Bologna right now.

Hi Jim and Jason,

I want to buy the F6 boards and xformers, but I want to not ship them until some other items (like the matched JFETS) are back in stock. Is there a way to pay for the items and have them shipped later?

Thanks!

Yes, please contact the helpdesk and they will set that up for you. We'll be setting up "pre-ordering" in the new system, however we deliberately weren't allowing pre-ordering of JFETs due to the supply issues. We tried to find a healthy balance of things to get as many as we could into people's hands and prevent hoarding. It looks like we have stock levels of JFETs under control now, but we're taking it month by month.

I'm surprised that you don't get any calls for [3U] chassis.

Thanks for the suggestion. Now that we are going to be offering the full Hifi2000 range, we can definitely work on a 3U deluxe chassis. Getting the dimensions on the heatsink and front panel takes some time to everything lines up, boards and riser panels all work together, but for sure, we'll do this.

As I posted in another thread today: I totally understand about the frustration in waiting for restocking. The restocking process was just taking too long and involved huge overheads. I know you want to support diyAudio and really appreciate you waiting so long to order.

I'm with Hifi2000 right now in Bologna, Italy. I've been here a week so far working every day from their manufacturing facility to craft a new way to order Hifi2000 products directly from the diyAudio store. It's coming together nicely, and ties together our new store and payment processor, their products, and a fast new international shipping method (sometimes even faster than our old intra-US shipping method) with a custom, streamlined process of order approval. No more waiting for stuff to get back in stock.

If you'd like to order now, I will take care of your order personally. Please email me at jason.donald@diyaudiostore.com with your request and I'll ensure it gets out to you ASAP. They just made up some new back panels for the Deluxe chassis, so both the 4U and 5U can be sent out.

Hole alignment on Deluxe 5U case is out. Can't mount F6 PCB.

20151008_221043.jpg

It would be good if the customer was allowed to choose shipping options on small value orders so that shipping does not cost more than items cost. This would eliminate the helpdesk from having to do a manual order.
This should be an easy fix.

I agree. Tried to order 1 matched Jfet pair to Missouri(65466) & they insist on $28+ dollars to ship. Thats Insane.!

Rick G.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I agree. Tried to order 1 matched Jfet pair to Missouri(65466) & they insist on $28+ dollars to ship. Thats Insane.!

Rick G.

I ordered mine To Missouri, it wasnt anywhere near that high, but I think about 1/2 that, they could have come in a padded envelope and USPS for even less. Just checked, it was way less, I was charged 4.49 for shipping on a set of J fets. Not bad! And they did come in an envelope!

Russellc

Last edited:

Rick G.

Try using Express Paypal checkout.
With regular checkout whenever you choose a state it triggers a switch to "international" and you get the Priority Express as only shipping option.
When you have "United States" in the country box, you then go down to the "State" box. But the "State" box has a lot of countries in it along with the States. And no matter what is selected, it is recognized as a country and not a state. Thus the international shipping as the only shipping option.
Someone needs to clean up the "State" box so that it only has states and then allow domestic shipping.

Last edited:
Stvnharr,
I just tried it again. Went straight to Paypal from 1st page,then paypal again & it then asks me to verify my address,So i say OK, BUT it then demands i choose a shipping option.The ONLY Option is Express for $28 something. They Definitely need to Fix this.

Rick

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hole alignment on Deluxe 5U case is out. Can't mount F6 PCB.

20151008_221043.jpg

That's pretty strange but without seeing the whole setup I can't comment. Let me look into it. I have the F6 PCB arriving here at the Hifi2000 factory in Italy on Monday (actually one of every PCB, as I'll be taking photos of each PCB for example purposes so people can see how each one sits inside a chassis). I can debug but I'm pretty sure this has already been built successfully using these chassis. The alignment should be exactly the same in the 4U (one heatsink) and the 5U (two heatsinks). I imaging there is some kind of problem with the join, and perhaps the heatsinks aren't fitting together snug enough. It might be as simple as fix as adjusting the method you used to stick the heatsinks together. If I recall correclty there is a correct order in which to build that case that ensures they are really flush and there is mechanical pressure pushing them together. In the meantime can you please email a photo of your heatsinks (if possible with a tape measure across it) to jason.donald@diyaudiostore.com and we will ensure you are 100% satisfied one way or another. Thanks.

Last edited:
We have determined there is a bug in Magento (our store software) with using its inbuilt checkout. Use the PayPal express checkout and you can get the cheaper shipping. I would fix it but we won't be using Magento 7 days from now.

OK. So Where IS PayPal Express checkout.? I did these from Left to Right Choosing PayPal each time. I am Not trying to be smart or sarcastic..I just want to know how to go about ordering them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 1 2015-10-11 at 1.24.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 1 2015-10-11 at 1.24.52 PM.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Screen Shot 2 2015-10-11 at 1.26.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2 2015-10-11 at 1.26.36 PM.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 3-2015-10-11 at 1.27.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 3-2015-10-11 at 1.27.48 PM.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 146
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Yep it's that one that says "PayPal Checkout". It used to say "Express Checkout" but I guess they changed the logo.

If you can't get it to work, please email helpdesk@diyaudio.com with your order and full address and they'll manually do the order and give you a greater range of shipping options, including USPS.

Sorry for the hassle. This is the first we've heard of the problem, so I assume it's a new problem (maybe not!). I'll see what can be done but in the meantime please email your order to the helpdesk and they will take care of you.

That's pretty strange but without seeing the whole setup I can't comment. Let me look into it. I have the F6 PCB arriving here at the Hifi2000 factory in Italy on Monday (actually one of every PCB, as I'll be taking photos of each PCB for example purposes so people can see how each one sits inside a chassis). I can debug but I'm pretty sure this has already been built successfully using these chassis. The alignment should be exactly the same in the 4U (one heatsink) and the 5U (two heatsinks). I imaging there is some kind of problem with the join, and perhaps the heatsinks aren't fitting together snug enough. It might be as simple as fix as adjusting the method you used to stick the heatsinks together. If I recall correclty there is a correct order in which to build that case that ensures they are really flush and there is mechanical pressure pushing them together. In the meantime can you please email a photo of your heatsinks (if possible with a tape measure across it) to jason.donald@diyaudiostore.com and we will ensure you are 100% satisfied one way or another. Thanks.

Never mind. I drilled out the pcb holes with a 3.5mm drill bit.
I suspect they got the origin wrong when they were setting up the CNC Milling machine