General diyAudio store feedback thread

Bought the ACA kit as my first purchase from DIYA and every part of the transaction from using the store and the cart, to paying with a CC, receiving updates on shipping, and even the request for feedback a couple weeks after the product arrived was handled in a first-rate manner. Just curious Jason -- I realize the software is likely highly customized to give it that "DIYA" look and feel, but what store / cart software are you using?

Postal cost to the UK

Jason,

I was going to pre-order some riser to go with the 5U chassis I recently ordered until I looked at the shipping cost $66.64 to ship 2 sets of 150 X 150 panels that cost only $32.91 and this service is not trackable outside the US, I did origionaly add a few extra panels due to there good value for money until I noticed the shipping was upto 3 times higher than the goods.

I use various suppliers in the US like Mouser who ship free if the order exceeds a set amount so any chance of finding a better shipping deal for us poor DIY audio builders over here in the UK especially with the demise of the European shop.

Ian

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Jason,

I was going to pre-order some riser to go with the 5U chassis I recently ordered until I looked at the shipping cost $66.64 to ship 2 sets of 150 X 150 panels that cost only $32.91 and this service is not trackable outside the US, I did origionaly add a few extra panels due to there good value for money until I noticed the shipping was upto 3 times higher than the goods.

I use various suppliers in the US like Mouser who ship free if the order exceeds a set amount so any chance of finding a better shipping deal for us poor DIY audio builders over here in the UK especially with the demise of the European shop.

Ian

Hi Ian. If things go well with the US store this year we're definitely going to be looking for a new warehouse partner in the EU to get things started up again. However currently it's just not viable, we're too specialized and our community is too small.

I have added the risers to the Hifi2000 order form. You can order from them directly, and I'm sure you will find the shipping cheaper. They're currently being custom made so it will take a little while to get them to you but they will arrive by the time your chassis does.

Just got the email regarding new chassis pre-ordering. All the stuff looks great, but you're missing what I want.

I'm looking for a 2U with very fat heatsink on the sides. 40mm would actually be a bit small. About 60W disp per side

Thanks for the suggestion. Depending on how demand is we'll be considering stocking 3U and 2U options in the future with the 40mm heatsinks.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Bought the ACA kit as my first purchase from DIYA and every part of the transaction from using the store and the cart, to paying with a CC, receiving updates on shipping, and even the request for feedback a couple weeks after the product arrived was handled in a first-rate manner. Just curious Jason -- I realize the software is likely highly customized to give it that "DIYA" look and feel, but what store / cart software are you using?

We use a customized version of Magento.

Kit arrived quickly, well packaged. Would have taken a cheaper freight option if offered, I realize the time factor would have been longer. Please label transistors, these 66 yr old eyes had trouble identifying them even with the aid of a magnifying glass. It's good to be able to source all parts from a single supplier & know that all components work well with each other.

Thanks for the suggestions Bert. We will try to make identification easier in the future.

Wow the new store looks great !! I like the way that you can see all the circuit boards at the same time, Good Job!!

Thanks - yes I think it's a much nicer format now (grid layout) :)

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Either the Keratherm ordering quantity description needs to changed to 9 or someone at order fulfillment missed a memo. I only received 9.

The store used to sell these in packs of 9 each. We changed it later to 10 and bumped up the price and changed the SKU. The package you purchased was 9 insulators, and that is what you have received. Our apologies for the confusion caused.

Hi DiyAudio Team
Its real chance to have this possibility to buy pcb's and kits for first time diyer like me.
First class quality and secure packaging, shipping in time:)
Its after F4 F5 from Uk store now AlephJ from US i am very thankfull.
Learn from audio masters like Mr Nelson Pass in great articles and
buy pcb's and kits from DiyAudioStore built class A amplifiers at moderate cost
its all i have dream. Its change my everyday life i enjoy beauty in music
and share my good time with friends on house party.Highly recommended!
Thanks DiyAudio Store Team papa Mr Nelson Pass and all diyers community:)