General diyAudio store feedback thread

Hello, Jason!

Thank you for so nice store!

I was also very happy to purchase some excellent PCBs from your store (F5, SS+SP boards).

Shopping was easy and I have got both parcells in time (~4 weeks) with no problem.
I'm still waiting for some parts for assebly - hope to build it up soon!

Best regards, Anton

Purchased the
4U Amplifier Chassis w/ Aluminum Heatsinks and Faceplate
Received very quickly, had some questions that where answered in a very professional manner, great customer service. Thanks for making the store available to us and the variety of products to choose from.

Pete

i had purchased 2 pcs BA 3B PCB from The DIY Store
at last November 2012 and didnt coming until now
i think the pcb was lost

im asking my registered post number but some staff
said that i must wait for a view week

i just give input to my lovely audio web
1. give your buyer the first class mail tracking number
2. with tracking number i know the time you sent by USPS tracking
3. if the item arrived here so i can track them with my local post web
4. we can pick up the item to post office if something happen to them
5. you must update info in paypal for guarantee that you make shipment

well what i paid for 44 ++ US$ looks like going for nothing

rgds

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
i had purchased 2 pcs BA 3B PCB from The DIY Store
at last November 2012 and didnt coming until now
i think the pcb was lost

Hi Pocoyo.

We do everything we can to make our customers happy. As I touched on here, part of that is offering everyone cheap shipping (limited or no tracking). You guys want cheap shipping and I know it's appreciated that we do offer those options (typically just $5 for a board or two, anywhere in the world)! The downside is that the cheaper methods are less reliable.

Rarely, but especially to countries that have historically unreliable postal or customs departments (Russia, Indonesia and Italy in particular) packages have gone missing. In some cases, customs just holds on to packages for months, and sometimes never informs people. Mail going through these kinds of systems can take up to 8 weeks to get through, even when things are working "normally". Where your package was sent - Indonesia - is notoriously unreliable which is why many companies refuse to send anything to Indonesia (we currently do).

If you want tracking, we do offer methods of shipping that have tracking. They are more expensive. It's your choice which you want to choose.

We have rarely had any lost packages - as a result our policies for lost packages have been a little ambiguous to date. Thanks Pocoyo for your comments - We've now made our policies clearer so everyone exactly what they are, what they can expect, and how to deal with the rare case of a package going missing.

Our policy for lost packages is now as follows:

Lost packages - For all non-tracked or limited-tracking purchases (This includes USPS First Class International or Royal Mail) please wait 8 weeks after the sending date. If your package has still not arrived after that time, please contact us and we will send you a replacement. For tracked purchases (This includes USPS Express International, USPS Priority International, UPS, FedEx and Purolator), please wait 2 weeks after the expected arrival date, then please contact us and we will send you a replacement (Please note: we have never had a tracked package go missing).

To respond to your suggestions directly:

1. USPS First Class International does include USA tracking. Once the package goes outside of the USA, it is untracked. You actually purchased from the EU store, which is based in London, and the shipping service you chose was Royal Mail. Royal mail doesn't have any tracking at all. We are going to add this kind of information to our store shipping method information page, so everyone can understand exactly what the difference between each shipping method is.
2-5. Please see above.
5. We don't normally update the shipping information in PayPal (which has to be done manually), because our fulfillment center sends out much more detailed and interesting emails including the tracking number, estimated shipping and arrival dates, etc. In the entire history of the store, we have never had a PayPal dispute so this is not something we are concerned about - we strive to provide 100% satisfaction, each time, every time.

Thanks for all your comments. We'll be in touch to get you a replacement sent out to you.

Last edited:
response to email

hi, the boards came really fast, well packaged. They appear to be high quality but have not sodered them yet, as its going to take a while to get al the other bits together.Plus, I seem to be on some diy audio hyper active mania right now and have got tooo many things on the go. The hifimediy tripath beats a quad 77power amp so it will be interesting to see what this amp does. Alan

I purchased 2x 2U Tube Amp Chassis from the store. Absolutely hassle free transaction and very fast shipping! Progress updates all through the process, from warehouse notification through final shipping. I am a very satisfied customer, Thank you! Definitely will buy again!

Abe

The "BIG Amp Chassis"

I purchased the "BIG Amp Chassis" from the store and it was a smooth transaction. The chassis comes ready to be used and, albeit pricey, having so little time to dedicate to the hobby, I think it is well worth it. Here it is being used to test one of the Aleph J prototype boards.

Attachments

• BoardOnHeatsink.JPG
    BoardOnHeatsink.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 210
Dear Jason,

I was very pleased with the service I got from your team at the DIYAudio store! The response was very fast, and everything arrived in great shape. I have used the heat sinks and power supplies to build an amp camp amp that is performing extremely well. My only regrets are that I wish I had been able to buy the whole "official" kit from you (I plan to get one when they are again available), and that I couldn't order more. I look forward to doing more in the future. Thanks for the site and for the store. You make DIY so much easier and fun!

Mike Granger

Great Store!

This is a wonderful idea for all the most popular projects. Easy Navigation and Checkout. F5 Boards arrived within 2 days of purchase. These Boards are a great way for someone like me to have top shelf audio at a low price. Please...Please... get the Universal PSU back in stock. I'm DIYing to finish this amp. Also, thanks to all the great minds who post here to make this all possible!