Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

General diyAudio store feedback thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th November 2019, 09:16 AM   #271
Belmondo is offline Belmondo
diyAudio Member

Default Cannot Purchase

Hello Jason,

Thanks for all your work getting to the bottom of it but sadly it is/maybe to no avail. I got this from the help desk: "It seems that due to previous problems with shipments to Belarus, I am sorry to say that we do not ship to Belarus." That's is not what I wanted to hear having just sold my amplifier to fund this project!

I will copy here what I have replied to the help desk for the benefit of others:

starts>If that is the case I think you should make it clear on your website which countries you do not ship to. You say you ship to the "rest of the world" on your website. To the best of my knowledge Belarus is in the rest of the world!

Also it seems a little strange you should have had problems shipping to Belarus when both USPS and DHL will ship here and the packages (and therefore delivery) are tracked, signed for and insured and payment to you is in advance. What could go wrong? I have received parcels this year from both companies without a problem.

I also tried a UK and Isle of Man address and got the same Your cart has been updated and the items you added canít be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order. message. Do you also have problems shipping there? I don't have anyone in the USA that can forward this order so it will have to go via the UK with 2 lots of duty and VAT by the time it gets here.

As a beginner in DIY I have spent a lot of time reading the forums so that I chose the best amplifier for my needs and the best components to finish the job to a high standard. I can't say I'm at all impressed by this (non) delivery situation at the last step, and believe me that is a typical English understatement!

Things change you know. Problems you had in the past may now have been solved. For example 5 years ago DHL/FedEx did not deliver to the door in Belarus and items had to be collected from their offices at Minsk airport. Now they partner with EMS or Belpost to do that 'last mile' delivery. Maybe you would consider another try using DHL? Let me know please. <ends

So for all you out there in the "rest of the world" I think it makes sense that you check that you can be delivered to before you spend your time on research for a DIYAudio project.
Old 26th November 2019, 05:03 AM   #272
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Unfortunately you can't make a profit by losing money. It would be incredibly easy to just ship domestically within the US but we've invested countless hours in arranging (discounted) shipping rates to service the international community. Not because it would make the most financial sense, but because diyAudio is a truly international community.

The reality however is that there are over 200 countries in the world, and the success rate of packages arriving varies greatly in those known for corrupt customs officials and poor service availability. We stopped shipping to those countries. It increases the prices for all other customers due to the losses we have previously incurred, and don't intend to keep incurring. It's not fair on everyone else.

Just so you know, our policy initially was to ship everywhere. However experience showed us that a handful of countries represented a disproportionate number of international shipping failures. It's nothing personal, just a business decision for the health of the store, and diyAudio. Please arrange a reshipping service in a shipping-friendly country and we can ship there, then you can take the risk and responsibility yourself for getting it into Belarus.

Some of those countries we used to have no way to service, such as Indonesia, we can now ship there with DHL Express. It's expensive but it will get there, and be fully insured. What we can offer varies from country to country.

As for a shipment to the Isle of Man, I can't say if we ship there but if the store won't generate a quote just email contact@diyaudiostore.com and the helpdesk will assist if they can.

By the way, I do like Belarus very much. I visited Minsk, Mogilev and another city in the North. It was a great experience, made some good friends I still keep in touch with. Very friendly people.

Last edited by Jason; 26th November 2019 at 05:06 AM.
Old 26th November 2019, 09:09 AM   #273
Belmondo is offline Belmondo
diyAudio Member

Default Cannot order

Hello Jason,

Thanks for the detailed reply and I'm pleased you like Belarus. So do I - a very much underrated country to live in.

On reflection I could have been more constructive with my post, so for anyone in "the rest of the world" it is not good enough for you to just look at the list of countries that appear in the drop down list when adding your address for shipping. You will need to put something (but not a chassis item) in your basket as if you were buying it and then proceed to shipping. Only then will you know if DIYAudio will deliver to you.

Fortunately I have a relative in Russia (DIYAudio ships there) who will accept delivery for me so I will be able to order after all and will save on tax and duty so all's well that ends well. Off to order now...
Old 8th January 2020, 07:29 PM   #274
doreme is offline doreme
diyAudio Member

Is there a telephone number for the diyaudio store? I sent two emails about the order I received missing parts. But have not received any response.
Old 9th January 2020, 04:37 AM   #275
diyAudio Administrator

Heya, we don't have telephone support, but I can see you sent two emails and Google's spam filter identified them out as spam. We'll have to find a way to make it less defensive. I've pushed your emails through to the helpdesk, so please expect a response in the next 24 hours or so.
Old 26th February 2020, 08:15 PM   #276
avdesignguru is offline avdesignguru  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Whammy kit transformer bolt

Hi Jason:
This just came up on the Whammy build forum. A parts kit buyer (forum name: 'A Jedi') asked about what size mounting bolt was needed for mounting the transformer to the PCB.

Since a blind mount machine screw of the proper metric thread and a specific min/max length is required, it seems to me that the parts kit should include the proper machine screw. Just sayin'.

Oh, on the subject of hardware, I can't really tell by the DIY store photos but does the Noir HPA PCB + chassis kit include the proper Noir panel mounting screws? A standard 3mm front panel DIY store chassis includes flush mount tapered head machine screws, which are not really right for the black PCB front and rear panels. A total of 8 black allen cap head or button head machine screws are what are really needed.
Old 16th April 2020, 06:27 PM   #277
jersinger is offline jersinger
diyAudio Member

Default Looking to build the f5

Hello,

Since the j5 is only available in parts (pcb, parts, chasis)... what else would I need to complete this amp?

Do I need to purchase jfet's and transformer?

Thanks.
Old 17th April 2020, 06:14 AM   #278
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdesignguru View Post
Hi Jason:
This just came up on the Whammy build forum. A parts kit buyer (forum name: 'A Jedi') asked about what size mounting bolt was needed for mounting the transformer to the PCB.

Since a blind mount machine screw of the proper metric thread and a specific min/max length is required, it seems to me that the parts kit should include the proper machine screw. Just sayin'.
I don't know the answer but I'll pass that feedback on to Richard who did the WHAMMY kits for the next batch. The current batch is just about sold out and a chassis is close to being done. First time I've heard someone ask about this though.

Quote:
Oh, on the subject of hardware, I can't really tell by the DIY store photos but does the Noir HPA PCB + chassis kit include the proper Noir panel mounting screws? A standard 3mm front panel DIY store chassis includes flush mount tapered head machine screws, which are not really right for the black PCB front and rear panels. A total of 8 black allen cap head or button head machine screws are what are really needed.
The Noir PCB is just the PCBs, no extra mounting gear. The chassis is just the standard chassis from HF2K and it includes front and back (8) mounting bolts. Just ditch the standard front and back cover and switch in the PCB front/back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersinger View Post
Hello,

Since the j5 is only available in parts (pcb, parts, chasis)... what else would I need to complete this amp?

Do I need to purchase jfet's and transformer?

Thanks.
There's no J5, but maybe you mean F5 or Aleph J? In either case what you need to buy is "everything", and you'll need to do your own research, read the build guides, look at the schematics, review the build guides (if available), read the build threads, and work out what is going to be the right choices for your specific build. There is no "everything included" kit for First Watt clones by intention. For those you need to work for them a bit, do your own research and understand what you're doing, especially as mains power is involved. Please ask this question in the relevant discussion thread in the main forum and others will help you to work out what you need for your situation.

Last edited by Jason; 17th April 2020 at 06:24 AM.
Old 17th April 2020, 07:03 AM   #279
avdesignguru is offline avdesignguru  United States
diyAudio Member

Jason:

1) Whammy: the transformer uses (1) 4mm button head allen machine screw, 6mm long, for mounting.

2) Noir: the HF2K chassis front and back stock machine screws are the wrong head type to look right and might even crack the plastic PCB front and rear panels if slightly over-tightened. You would be doing builders a big service to include (8) 3mm black button head allen machine screws, 6mm long, packed in a separate envelope for when the chassis is ordered with the PCB set.
Old 17th April 2020, 07:21 AM   #280
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
...include (8) 3mm black button head allen machine screws, 6mm long
Great idea. I'll see if we can get them added to the next batch however the concept for this is that this is just a PCB set from our PCB supplier and everything else you need comes from the Mouser BOM. Can you see a suitable mouser part number for that screw you think would work well?

General diyAudio store feedback threadHide this!Advertise here!