Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

General diyAudio store feedback thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2015, 01:29 AM   #171
Russellc is offline Russellc  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
I agree. Tried to order 1 matched Jfet pair to Missouri(65466) & they insist on $28+ dollars to ship. Thats Insane.!

Rick G.
I ordered mine To Missouri, it wasnt anywhere near that high, but I think about 1/2 that, they could have come in a padded envelope and USPS for even less. Just checked, it was way less, I was charged 4.49 for shipping on a set of J fets. Not bad! And they did come in an envelope!

Russellc
Pass B-1 preamp, Pass BA3 preamp, Wayne's 2018 LS, Iron Pre, Pass F-5 Amp, Pass F-6 Amp, Pass BA-3 Amp, Pass M-2 amp, Pass Aleph J amp, Pass Pearl 2 Phono pre Tekton Enzo, Altec A7, Econowave JBL 2235H & B&C CD

Last edited by Russellc; 11th October 2015 at 01:33 AM.
Old 11th October 2015, 03:37 AM   #172
stvnharr is offline stvnharr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I agree. Tried to order 1 matched Jfet pair to Missouri(65466) & they insist on $28+ dollars to ship. Thats Insane.!

Rick G.
Try using Express Paypal checkout.
With regular checkout whenever you choose a state it triggers a switch to "international" and you get the Priority Express as only shipping option.
When you have "United States" in the country box, you then go down to the "State" box. But the "State" box has a lot of countries in it along with the States. And no matter what is selected, it is recognized as a country and not a state. Thus the international shipping as the only shipping option.
Someone needs to clean up the "State" box so that it only has states and then allow domestic shipping.

Last edited by stvnharr; 11th October 2015 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11th October 2015, 02:27 PM   #173
Rick G is offline Rick G  United States
diyAudio Member

Stvnharr,
I just tried it again. Went straight to Paypal from 1st page,then paypal again & it then asks me to verify my address,So i say OK, BUT it then demands i choose a shipping option.The ONLY Option is Express for $28 something. They Definitely need to Fix this.

Rick
Old 11th October 2015, 02:55 PM   #174
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

We have determined there is a bug in Magento (our store software) with using its inbuilt checkout. Use the PayPal express checkout and you can get the cheaper shipping. I would fix it but we won't be using Magento 7 days from now.
Old 11th October 2015, 03:03 PM   #175
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 picoDumbs View Post
Hole alignment on Deluxe 5U case is out. Can't mount F6 PCB.

Click the image to open in full size.
That's pretty strange but without seeing the whole setup I can't comment. Let me look into it. I have the F6 PCB arriving here at the Hifi2000 factory in Italy on Monday (actually one of every PCB, as I'll be taking photos of each PCB for example purposes so people can see how each one sits inside a chassis). I can debug but I'm pretty sure this has already been built successfully using these chassis. The alignment should be exactly the same in the 4U (one heatsink) and the 5U (two heatsinks). I imaging there is some kind of problem with the join, and perhaps the heatsinks aren't fitting together snug enough. It might be as simple as fix as adjusting the method you used to stick the heatsinks together. If I recall correclty there is a correct order in which to build that case that ensures they are really flush and there is mechanical pressure pushing them together. In the meantime can you please email a photo of your heatsinks (if possible with a tape measure across it) to jason.donald@diyaudiostore.com and we will ensure you are 100% satisfied one way or another. Thanks.

Last edited by Jason; 11th October 2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11th October 2015, 06:36 PM   #176
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
We have determined there is a bug in Magento (our store software) with using its inbuilt checkout. Use the PayPal express checkout and you can get the cheaper shipping. I would fix it but we won't be using Magento 7 days from now.
OK. So Where IS PayPal Express checkout.? I did these from Left to Right Choosing PayPal each time. I am Not trying to be smart or sarcastic..I just want to know how to go about ordering them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 1 2015-10-11 at 1.24.52 PM.jpg (184.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2 2015-10-11 at 1.26.36 PM.jpg (214.5 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 3-2015-10-11 at 1.27.48 PM.jpg (185.2 KB, 105 views)
Old 11th October 2015, 07:26 PM   #177
diyAudio Administrator

Yep it's that one that says "PayPal Checkout". It used to say "Express Checkout" but I guess they changed the logo.

If you can't get it to work, please email helpdesk@diyaudio.com with your order and full address and they'll manually do the order and give you a greater range of shipping options, including USPS.

Sorry for the hassle. This is the first we've heard of the problem, so I assume it's a new problem (maybe not!). I'll see what can be done but in the meantime please email your order to the helpdesk and they will take care of you.
Old 11th October 2015, 07:54 PM   #178
diyAudio Member

Jason,
Thank You. i will use the help desk.
Old 12th October 2015, 01:31 PM   #179
stvnharr is offline stvnharr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Jason,
Thank You. i will use the help desk.
Rick,
Helpdesk is how I got my order done. Be patient, but they will serve you well.
Old 13th October 2015, 11:32 AM   #180
2 picoDumbs is offline 2 picoDumbs  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
That's pretty strange but without seeing the whole setup I can't comment. Let me look into it. I have the F6 PCB arriving here at the Hifi2000 factory in Italy on Monday (actually one of every PCB, as I'll be taking photos of each PCB for example purposes so people can see how each one sits inside a chassis). I can debug but I'm pretty sure this has already been built successfully using these chassis. The alignment should be exactly the same in the 4U (one heatsink) and the 5U (two heatsinks). I imaging there is some kind of problem with the join, and perhaps the heatsinks aren't fitting together snug enough. It might be as simple as fix as adjusting the method you used to stick the heatsinks together. If I recall correclty there is a correct order in which to build that case that ensures they are really flush and there is mechanical pressure pushing them together. In the meantime can you please email a photo of your heatsinks (if possible with a tape measure across it) to jason.donald@diyaudiostore.com and we will ensure you are 100% satisfied one way or another. Thanks.
Never mind. I drilled out the pcb holes with a 3.5mm drill bit.
I suspect they got the origin wrong when they were setting up the CNC Milling machine

General diyAudio store feedback threadHide this!Advertise here!