General diyAudio store feedback thread

Alan, on ABC news last night it was mentioned that there is a global transport meltdown, particularly for shipping. The problem is bigger than the DIYA store. I know that over there you are not in lockdown, but the rest of the world (like us on the eastern coast) is still in the ****, and your parts are probably stuck in it for a bit longer.

just got off a chat with Australia Post, they said they have nothing on their system in relation to the tracking number DHL stated I should use - this number was advised by DHL 1 week ago. Australia Post added that DHL need scan the package into the system before Aust Post can see it, the package has been sitting in Melbourne for a week and they haven't even scanned it in yet!

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
As I mentioned in my post, it's critical to mention whether you are talking about DHL eCommerce or DHL Express. Your order was sent with DHL eCommerce and yes the last mile is either delivered by the national carrier or a local courier, and our best attempt / knowledge on this is always mentioned at checkout when you choose the service. Please see the attached image.

Who delivers last mile is not consistent, it changes per country on a whim, but the information we proffer is the best guidance we can give to help you understand who will actually be delivering it.

As for your package sitting in Melbourne for a week, Melbourne (where I am living right now) is currently is hard lockdown. All bets are off with any delivery services in Australia at the moment. Right now your shipment would be affected by:

* Increased volume (everyone has been told to stay at home and order everything via the internet)
* Decreased staff / trucks due to quarantine / layoffs / stay at home orders
* Truck / flight cancellations
* Border closures, and possibly Mark McGowan's "WA island" policy now that he has shut the doors of the state to the other states

If anyone is worried about late deliveries and delays, I cannot with good faith recommend using any services other than DHL Express until 2022.

Attachments

• details.png
    details.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 261
  • shipping information page.png
    shipping information page.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Alan, on ABC news last night it was mentioned that there is a global transport meltdown, particularly for shipping. The problem is bigger than the DIYA store.

There is no problem with the diyAudio store itself.

There are absolutely problems with every carrier at the moment in regards to international shipping, and it doesn't matter who you buy something from, the problems will be the same. You will experience "luck of the draw".

The goods news is, and I speak from experience with thousands of shipments over the last 18 months, that while lots of packages are getting delayed, very few packages are going missing. 99% of delayed packages eventually turn up.

I know that over there you are not in lockdown, but the rest of the world (like us on the eastern coast) is still in the ****, and your parts are probably stuck in it for a bit longer.

Actually 60% of Australia's 25M population is currently in lockdown. We've been told we will remain in lockdown until we get to an 80% vaccination rate, which because we don't have any vaccines (poor national leadership decisions) won't be till probably 2022. 200 days lockdown so far here in Melbourne, and another 3 months to go.

Your F5 kit won't take very long... My chassis arrived this morning, only two and a half days from Italy. I wouldn't be surprised if it's stuck in customs?

I'd love to have your optimism but based on our experience with thousands of shipments I can without any doubt in my mind tell you that there is no way to guarantee anything at the moment.

One week things will go smoothly, the next week all shipments will get jammed up. The reliability of results increases generally with the service level, and price. However I use the term generally very loosely in the current environment. It's just hit and miss.

Last edited:
DHL doesn't even handle this package in Australia according to my tracking, its handled by Australia Post....

It is interesting, we have a similar arrangement here in Germany between DHL and Deutsche Post, which basically delivers to your door mostly small DHL branded packages. The bigger stuff gets handled by the regular DHL guys and gals.
In most cases I find that spending the extra (and usually exorbitant) fees for expedited shipping is a waste. Quite often the so-called expedited package gets to me no faster than the regular shipping.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Most DHL eCommerce packages route via Germany as a hub (they use a "hub and spoke" model, like Emirates do with Dubai and flight routes), so if you are in Germany DHL eCommerce is an excellent choice - there is no re-routing, you're in the hub country itself.

Regards your DHL eCommerce mail getting delivered by Deutsche Post, as mentioned in my earlier post, Deutsche Post is the majority shareholder of DHL and DHL eCommerce is the new name for Deutsche Post's Global Mail division.

In other countries it's usually a local courier that does last mile, sometimes the national carrier. We have completely stopped shipping DHL eCommerce to the UK and NL due to the handoff / communications / delivery quality being very poor. We used to advertise a warning, now we have removed DHL eCommerce services for UK and NL and replaced them with DHL Express to improve customer's experience as the failure rate was unacceptably high.

Last edited:
Thanks Jason. Nice to be in the know about this stuff. I'm a retired Yank camped out over here the past several years taking care of in-laws, trying to insure nobody ends up in a nursing home.
Four of us live in this house, everybody is a hobbyist of some sort, and hardly a day goes by that we aren't getting packages. Most of it is DHL/DP and we've never had any problems. In fact, I'm in awe most of the time at how smoothly commerce AND bureaucracy work in this place. Nice not to have everyday hassles when you get old. :)

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Hello,
first of all - thanks for the really quick shipment, almost with WARP 8, I received my two ACA-Kits in just two days (incl. customs), altough it is a long way from Boston to Vienna, Austria :yes:
However, in one of the kits the silver bag with the transistors and LEDs is missing :(
Do you have any experience, how long it takes until the supplier replaces the missing parts (I already contacted the store and the supplier was informed, according to my last info)?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Great to hear it only took 2 days to get from the US to Austria. DHL Express has been impressive in its delivery performance. Regards your replacement part shipment which is coming directly from our supplier, we are working out how to handle this for you in the most expeditious manner. We'll be in touch with you again via the helpdesk ticket you have open shortly.

Joined 2015
Paid Member
I ordered 2 Quads from the store yesterday, but as soon as I received the confirmation (a few minutes later), I noticed I had made a mistake.
I immediately replied to the mail to correct my mistake, and just to be sure, I sent one more mail to the store explaining my mistake.
No answer!
This morning I received a message that my order had shipped. I replied to this mail as well, asking what had been shipped to me.
No answer!
What to do please? If the wrong parts arrive, I have paid 100$ + 40$ to customs for parts that are no use to me.

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi baeijsman. The Helpdesk has sent you an email via your work as well as your store's account email address. I'm sorry but orders aren't editable by us after final payment. It drops automatically into the fulfilment center. We need to send a request to the shipper for edit and cancel requests. On rare occasions, they are able to catch your order in time. Unfortunately, your order was processed and shipped out the same day you placed the order. However, I've emailed you regarding returning the item once received. Please check your inbox. Thanks.

They wont respond to my emails, Told me in a the email I received stating that the pass amp was in stock. Paid my moneys waiting for over a week as nothing has changed with my order. Told me could be over a month before back in stock. I asked for a refund 4 days ago still nothing in my bank and still wont answer my emails. I'm wondering if i have been scammed. No sure what to do now. Not sure what to think.

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi skymaster6112, please check your inbox. The Helpdesk has emailed you about your ACA plug being placed on hold because it was the wrong plug for Canada (which affected a few orders). Unfortunately, the ACA chassis were sold out when your orders were flagged. Regrettably, you opted to cancel the order. We are working on your refund. Kindly allow a few days for processing. Thank you.