Chassis Discussion

Awesome finish, can you point to the display and is it compatible with Pi and all distros like Volumio/Moode or only picoreplayer.

Thanks

Sorry I did not see this sooner - haven't been in the Forums for a while.

The display is from a company called Osoyoo which I found out about in this thread: 5" Touchscreen display that works with Jivelite right out of the box.

I used the 3.5" version, which I got from Amazon. I can't guarantee that it will work with other player distros, but it should since the Pi thinks it is connected to an "official" Raspberry Pi display. The only caveat is that initially, the touch function was upside down, even though the display was oriented correctly. I was able to correct that in the piCorePlayer UI, since it allows for flipping the display.

They supply a short cable with the display, but if you need a longer one, you will need to use a different cable than the official display uses. You need a type A flat cable as opposed to a type B. I also found those on Amazon.

Last edited:
A bit overkill for a single channel unless the config is balanced. Was looking for something to house one SE channel. More or less, the ideal would be 1/2 of a 4U Deluxe. Not sure there is enough demand but figured I'd ask.

I guess it could be overkill if you are doing low power versions of F4 & F5. I have F5Tv3 monos sitting in a pair of 5Us and they need every bit of surface area.

I think i read somewhere that variations of the Vfet chassis will be made available soon. They are smaller that the 4U i believe.

I am building monoblocks. I am starting out putting a M2X and an F6 in each single enclosure. I will be able to power each board individually or together. I am using 4U x 300 mm heat sinks enclosure is 330mm wide for the amp modules. I am using a 330 x 280 2U Galaxy for the power supply. I plan to swap out amp modules and heat sinks from the amp enclosure. Makes for a taller unit, but takes up less floor real estate.