Chassis Discussion

Hi!

Unfortunately, I am away from my workshop right now and I have time to work on another amplifier design on my CAD program.

I have a 3U Dissipante Chassis with 10mm thick aluminum front panel, 300 mm deep. I would like to know the exact dimensions of the aluminum rear/back panel. I know it is 3mm thick, but I need to know the dimensions in mm of the width and height.

3U version of this:
Rear panel for Dissipante / Deluxe Blank 3mm Aluminum – diyAudio Store

Thanks again!

Anand.

Another nice case and CNC job by Modushop

Recently finished a piCorePlayer in a Galaxy 2U chassis. Very fast turnaround on the CNC job on the front panel. Perfectly done. Thanks, guys!

Attachments

• IMG_1093.png
    IMG_1093.png
    852.3 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_1094.png
    IMG_1094.png
    973.8 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_1092.jpg
    IMG_1092.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 4.19.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 4.19.16 PM.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 292
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 4.19.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 4.19.48 PM.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
I'm about to finish up the layout of the case and before moving on I would like to ask you what front panel design is more simple, easy to make and cost less between this two (there is a plexiglass in both), forgot to mention is a Slim Line 02/280 10mm front panel:

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 2.png
    2.png
    305.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
I'm about to finish up the layout of the case and before moving on I would like to ask you what front panel design is more simple, easy to make and cost less between this two (there is a plexiglass in both), forgot to mention is a Slim Line 02/280 10mm front panel:

I made a soekris dac and made something very similar (almost identical) to the first pic. I don’t know what costs more, more holes or plexiglass. I will say, however, you need to check, double check, triple check, and maybe even quadruple check to make sure your drawing layout will work with your soekrs display board and the way it is mounted. There is very little margin of error.

They cost exactly the same as they are both customized on both sides of the panel

Thanks Gianluca, when doing both side of a panel do you suggest to redo anodization after works?

I made a soekris dac and made something very similar (almost identical) to the first pic. I don’t know what costs more, more holes or plexiglass. I will say, however, you need to check, double check, triple check, and maybe even quadruple check to make sure your drawing layout will work with your soekrs display board and the way it is mounted. There is very little margin of error.

Thats's exactly what I'm trying to achieve, a case for the dam1941 with the own display board. As you suggest the margin a tight and that's why I thought about a single hole for the leds and display shaped like that.

What case size did you choose for your build?

Thanks Gianluca, when doing both side of a panel do you suggest to redo anodization after works?

Thats's exactly what I'm trying to achieve, a case for the dam1941 with the own display board. As you suggest the margin a tight and that's why I thought about a single hole for the leds and display shaped like that.

What case size did you choose for your build?

I believe it was the pessante 2U. It turned out pretty good. If you use a cable to connect the dam1941 to the display board it will be a little easier as you wont have to ensure the display and 1941 line up properly when mounted.

Attachments

• 05821476-E54E-453E-869D-165B3BACC47A.jpg
    05821476-E54E-453E-869D-165B3BACC47A.jpg
    738 KB · Views: 208