Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Chassis Discussion
Chassis Discussion
Chassis Discussion Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th September 2019, 05:30 AM   #681
mworthin is offline mworthin
diyAudio Member

Jason, Thanks! Yes, that is it:

Pesante 2U, 4 mm aluminum front panel rack mount
Old 9th September 2019, 10:50 AM   #682
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Chassis Discussion
Quote:
I purchased the Pesante 2U case from the diyaudiostore, with the intention of acid-etching the front panel (like I have done for small enclosures), but got cold feet when I received the enclosure and saw how big an area on the front panel I would have to work with.

There was a Mr Majestic thread that included the Front Panel express files for many of the other Hifi2000 store offerings, but it does not have this particular panel. I found the .dxf files on the Hifi2000 website, but the Front Panel importer is expecting just a faceplate and not the full enclosure (in fact, expects a front panel shape .dxf and a separate panel cutout .dxf file). I just get error messages. Is this available somewhere else and I am just missing it?

These would be great to have on the diyaudiostore at the time of ordering; one could work on the front panel while waiting for shipping from Italy.

My concern just doing these from my own measurements is making sure the beveled holes front panel holes line up perfectly and with the correct bevel, since this is required for the stability of the box, which will be rack mounted. I do not have graphics software for .dxf files to edit and make the conversion from the Hifi2000 files.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Please find a DXF file attached. Both FPX and Hifi2000 work with DXF files. FPD can import this DXF, and also export your finished DXF.

Both companies provide excellent and unique services for the DIYer. I would note that Hifi2000's pricing is very competitive especially on thicker panels, so it's worth asking for a quote (the best way to do that is via contact@diyaudiostore.com). Additionally Hifi200 can can perform services like re-anodization after working the metal, and safely working on 10mm panels, that FPX presently does not. Best of luck with your build
Attached Files
File Type: zip Front Pesante 2U.zip (19.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 10th September 2019, 06:30 AM   #683
mworthin is offline mworthin
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Please find a DXF file attached. Both FPX and Hifi2000 work with DXF files. FPD can import this DXF, and also export your finished DXF.

Both companies provide excellent and unique services for the DIYer. I would note that Hifi2000's pricing is very competitive especially on thicker panels, so it's worth asking for a quote (the best way to do that is via contact@diyaudiostore.com). Additionally Hifi200 can can perform services like re-anodization after working the metal, and safely working on 10mm panels, that FPX presently does not. Best of luck with your build
Thanks! I thought Hifi2000's pricing was great...I didn't know about the FPD export feature

Thank you very much!

--Mark
Old 19th November 2019, 04:06 PM   #684
airborne11b is offline airborne11b  United States
diyAudio Member

I have searched in here and other forums but could not find the answer. Is there a Deluxe 5U back panel configuration for monoblocks?
Old 19th November 2019, 07:30 PM   #685
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Chassis Discussion
As a stock item? No. But Modushop could absolutely make it for you.

info@modushop.biz

What are you building, F5Turbo V3? The big monsters? Cool...
Old 19th November 2019, 08:02 PM   #686
diyAudio Member

I am building (attempting) the F5T V3 Monos! I have a goal of approx 100W of Class A. I will contact Modushop and get an estimate. Thanks!
Old 19th November 2019, 08:39 PM   #687
Gianluca is online now Gianluca  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne11b View Post
I have searched in here and other forums but could not find the answer. Is there a Deluxe 5U back panel configuration for monoblocks?
As long as we get a DXF file with the position and dimensions of the holes you would like us to drill in the rear panel that's totally doable

If you don't own a CAD program feel free to contact me at the email address in post #685 and I'll show you how you can generate your own file
Old 19th November 2019, 08:45 PM   #688
diyAudio Member

Thanks Gianluca! I do have access to AutoCAD. I will put together a .dxf and be in contact with you guys.
Old 22nd November 2019, 03:31 PM   #689
alexya is offline alexya
diyAudio Member

please help me, how is the amplifier chassis assembled? I saw that photos are missing here Illustrated guide to the 4U deluxe Chassis

my chassis,,,
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 22nd November 2019, 03:39 PM   #690
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Chassis Discussion
Steps in ACA guide are effectively identical, construction method is the same, your chassis is just bigger.

Start at step 18

Amp Camp Amp V1.6 Build Guide - diyAudio Guides

Chassis DiscussionHide this!Advertise here!