Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Chassis Discussion
Chassis Discussion
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th March 2019, 09:46 PM   #641
gasgeek is offline gasgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

You guys advertise a Rear Panel IEC Socket Option for the Pesante 2U.

Where is it located on the rear panel? Can I get a picture? That would help a lot for making the decision.

Thanks.
Old 11th March 2019, 07:54 AM   #642
astromo is offline astromo  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgeek View Post

Where is it located on the rear panel? Can I get a picture? That would help a lot for making the decision.

Thanks.
The Pesante chassis entry on the store includes a link to a page that I think will answer your questions or at least get you close.
Old 11th March 2019, 03:03 PM   #643
gasgeek is offline gasgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks astromo!
Old 12th March 2019, 06:06 AM   #644
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Chassis Discussion
Thanks Astromo. We need to get the information from the chassis category pages into the product pages themselves. On the todo list..
Old 12th March 2019, 04:36 PM   #645
Helpdesk is offline Helpdesk
diyAudio Moderator

Chassis Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgeek View Post

Thanks.
Hi Gasgeek,

You can also visit this link:
http://www.modu.it/pesante_posteriore.jpg

The rear panel can be mounted both ways so the cut-out can be placed on
the right part of the panel as well.
Old 16th March 2019, 05:42 AM   #646
FogAudio is offline FogAudio
diyAudio Member

Default Questions about 3U Slimline chassis

I am creating a build list for a rack-mountable 3 channel amp with 3 class D amp+ps modules that I purchased from 3EAudio (pictured below). I am thinking of doing this with a 3U slimline chassis (350mm deep) since I don't need any cooling fins but will add the vented aluminum top option.

I plan on keeping this case around for a long time even if I end up swapping out the guts occasionally. So I'd like to make it look as classy as possible. I have a number of questions that I am hoping to get advice from the many savvy builders here.

* For the IEC power input I am thinking of using a Shaffner EMI Suppressing Filter:
- Schaffner EMI Filter (20 amp)
- Schaffner EMI Filter Datasheet

* For the 3.5mm trigger port, this Amphenol piece looks pretty high quality:
- 3.5mm trigger port

* Additionally, I imagine I would like a switch on the back panel to disable the trigger if need be. This E-switch DPDT unit looks to be pretty good:
Trigger on/off switch
E-Switch Spec Sheet

* For the speaker binding posts, I purchased these carbon fiber-finish posts on sale from Parts Express (carbon fiber finish is silly but they look pretty high quality):
- 5-way Binding Posts

* For the XLRs and RCAs, I purchased Neutrik connectors from Parts Express:
- Neutrik XLRs
- Neutrik RCAs

For now I don't want to do anything fancy with the front face, just a power switch on the front and 6 LEDs (3 blue power, 3 red fault). I am debating whether I want to print a logo or have a logo machined into the front... But I may wait on that part.

* For the front panel power switch. I'm looking at one of these two options but leaning towards te NKK Locking switch:
- NKK Locking switch
- E-Switch Rocker

Specific Questions:
I don't think I saw an option for DIYAudio/Hifi2000 to provide a 10mm front face long enough to be rack mounted? I am hoping that I could repurpose the Emotiva side rails from my old Emotiva UPA 200 power amp (pictured below). They are 3U high and I should be able to line up the fronts to match that of the 3U slimline 10mm fronts.

Has anyone drawn up CAD DXFs for a back panel for 3 XLR + RCA inputs (using Neutrik D cup), 6 binding posts, 12 volt trigger input, trigger enable/disable toggle, and IEC power? I can draw up in QCAD if no one has anything. Am I missing any inputs/outputs, switches that folks can think of?

Has anyone created a 12-volt trigger board that could flip a high-powered relay? I already bought an external trigger Ada Fruit Relay on Amazon which I could pilfer the guts of it (and the guts have gotten really good reviews). Or are there common 12-volt trigger relays that are typically used like this Rasberry Pi Relay?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RackRails-small.jpg (300.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 3EAudioAmps-medium.jpg (310.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 16th March 2019, 06:21 AM   #647
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Chassis Discussion
Good luck with your research and feedback from other builders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogAudio View Post
I don't think I saw an option for DIYAudio/Hifi2000 to provide a 10mm front face long enough to be rack mounted?
Correct. The 4mm panels are made for Rackmount and have the rack mounting holes pre-cut. The 10mm is made to fit within a 19" shelf but doesn't have the flange/ears for mounting.

Chassis DiscussionHide this!Advertise here!