Chassis Discussion

I E-mailed the question below directly to the DIY store, but this is probably a better place for this question.

I am currently building a Sony VFET amp using the 4U alum. chassis. As I was putting together the back panel I realized that the parts kit for the back panel does not work for the Sony VFET amp. I am using the 36 Volt meanwell power supply and there is no connection in the parts kit for that female connector. It also means that the power on off switch isn’t the correct one to use on my build. Do you happen to have the part numbers for these two items that were used on the lottery Sony VFET build that you put together? I am using the Scourge FE for my initial build. I am also building a Mark Johnson Missouri FE board for it and am wondering if you have the part number for two balanced inputs that might fit in the existing input holes, perhaps the ones used on the ACA 1.8 build.
Thanks for the awesome job that you have been doing.

Well, after a couple of hours of searching I answered my own question, and ordered the above parts from Mouser.
Below is my parts list for those who might be interested.

ItemProduct DetailQty.AvailabilityPriceExt Total
1Mfr.:
Kycon
Mfr. #:
KPJX-PM-4S
Mouser #:
806-KPJX-PM-4S
Desc.:
DC Power Connectors 4 PN PANEL MT POWER MINI DIN
RoHS Compliant
11 Ships Now$2.38$2.38
2Mfr.:
Kycon
Mfr. #:
KPJX-PM-4S-S
Mouser #:
806-KPJX-PM-4S-S
Desc.:
DC Power Connectors 4P POWER JACK PANEL MOUNT
RoHS Compliant
11 Ships Now$2.64$2.64
3Mfr.:
E-Switch
Mfr. #:
RR81231121
Mouser #:
612-RR81231121
Desc.:
Rocker Switches 10A 125VAC 4.8mm Tab Off-On 2 Pole
11 Ships Now$1.19$1.19
4Mfr.:
NKK Switches
Mfr. #:
JWL22RAA
Mouser #:
633-JWL22RAA
Desc.:
Rocker Switches 16A DPDT ON ON BLK
RoHS Compliant
11 Ships Now$13.98$13.98
5Mfr.:
Switchcraft
Mfr. #:
E3FSCBAU
Mouser #:
502-E3FSCBAU
Desc.:
XLR Connectors E SERIES SOLDER CUP
RoHS Compliant
22 Ships Now$7.49$14.98

Hello Gianluca,
This regards the Slimline 1U, with the 10mm thickness front panel (450mm x 50mm).

My design has five 1.0mm diameter holes in the front panel. The holes are 2.0mm depth. On the back side, the rest of the depth is cut by a larger tool (to prevent breaking the small cutting tool). There is no other material removal required on the back side of the panel, everything else can all be cut from the front side.

I wanted to ask, does this appear like it should cut OK?

Front panel lighting small.jpg

Front panel small.jpg

Nice!!!

Just noticed the diyAudio Store sells the dissipante 3U and 4U alu covers now also in 500mm depth. Didn’t know of these. These can’t be found on the modushop page? I really like these sizes!

These probably use 250X120 (3U) or 250X165 (4U) heatsinks. Are the Dissipation Ratings of these heatsinks available?

Nice!!!

Just noticed the diyAudio Store sells the dissipante 3U and 4U alu covers now also in 500mm depth. Didn’t know of these. These can’t be found on the modushop page? I really like these sizes!

These probably use 250X120 (3U) or 250X165 (4U) heatsinks. Are the Dissipation Ratings of these heatsinks available?

Feel free to PM me about this

Hi Glen,

Sure, I'll send them to you by PM on monday morning as soon as I am back to office. We have drilled some rear panels with the same cut-outs of the Deluxe chassis, I'll share that file with you as well so that should help you finish your project
I am interested by the dxf / dwg of the monoblock as well, as I see the measurements on the website don't seem to match with what you replied regarding rear panel height (I took 280x165 for the front panel).

I am interested by the dxf / dwg of the monoblock as well, as I see the measurements on the website don't seem to match with what you replied regarding rear panel height (I took 280x165 for the front panel).

Here is the drawing you have requested with the correct dimensions, please disregard my previous message

Attachments

• Retro.rar
    8 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 1 user
Gianluca,

Do you still have any of the older heat sink brackets left? Looking for 4 of the 250 mm ones and 8 of the 300 mm ones. The newer one piece brackets won’t work for my chassis situation, since I am making non standard enclosure heights. A 230mm x 250mm deep x 5U mini dis and a pair of 230mm x 365 mm using 5U heat sinks and 300mm top and bottom covers attaching to the heat sink brackets. So I need them separate.