Chassis Discussion

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
About 2 months from now. Things have been on hold while we made some last minute changes but production is 90% complete pending a few new bits and pieces and then it will be on its way. We'll likely offer pre-sale so you can secure stuff you want and not have to worry about it selling out before you can get to it. The new chassis are going to be awesome!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
We've finally (really!) finished the new interior spec and I'm working on making them available now for presale. Hopefully it all comes together this weekend! Wish I could post some pictures now but really, just a few days more! We're not sure of final delivery dates as we're working out details with a speedier shipper.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Heatsink sufficiency for the 4U and 5U chassis.

We're making inroads to being able to answer that question on a couple of fronts. Hopefully within the month we'll have some solid tested configurations built so that we can give "tried and tested" advice.

Dear Jason,

Any news on this front?

Would the 5U big amp chassis support a balanced F5 build in one chassis, or would two 4U monoblocks be needed?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
looking at the chassies in forum store I see now that the big 400mm 5U deluxe have special heatsinks with ribbed fins, which no doubt gives a bit more cooling than ususal straight fins
maybe not a lot, but likely to equal 10mm longer fins

means the special 200mm heatsink might be on par with the 'ordinary' 300mm heatsink

Joined 2000
Paid Member
The next batch of "10mm x 10mm grid" deluxe chassis has finished production and are presently half way across the Atlantic. Products should start shipping out around August 15th.

The deluxe chassis have been significantly improved for DIY use with a new 10x10 grid hole pattern in the base, riser panels that allow for an incredible number of mounting options and space optimization and a new blind hole pattern on the back of the front panel. The new PSU board is compatible with this 10x10 grid pattern and all new boards from the diyAudo store in the future will be featuring "10x10 grid compatibility". The 10x10 grid is a sane, open and non-proprietary pattern that circuit board designers can consider when placing mounting holes in circuit boards.

For those people that purchased the original chassis and want to get on the 10x10 train, we are making the new 10x10 300mm base and the 10x10 400mm base available for sale for the next 3 days to save you having to order it from Italy in the future. We'll ship them over by air next Monday with the ACA chassis. It won't be sold separately in the USA after this.

Of course there is also plenty of other new stuff available for pre-order in the store right now:

This thread is for discussions about any of the chassis. For more information on this product, please see the product page below.

Threads on diyAudio or elsewhere on the internet that show off what can be done with these chassis or give creative ideas:

• No threads yet - yours could be the first! Let us know by posting in this thread and we'll stick it in here!

Hi;

I'm looking at your - Deluxe 4U "Jack of all Chassis" (All Aluminum) - for fitting a couple of Leach Amps.

I would like to know what the thermal resistance of the heat sinks are.
What would be the maximum amplifier power rating usable for each heatsink for standard convection cooling ?
Can the heatsinks be provided untapped - no transistor mounting holes ?
What's the spacing distance between the transistor mounting holes provided ?
Thanks.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I hate to be "that guy" but here it goes....

Is there any talk of doing black front panels?

Not currently. We have our hands full with the one color. Maybe in the future!

Hi;

I'm looking at your - Deluxe 4U "Jack of all Chassis" (All Aluminum) - for fitting a couple of Leach Amps.

I would like to know what the thermal resistance of the heat sinks are.
What would be the maximum amplifier power rating usable for each heatsink for standard convection cooling ?
Can the heatsinks be provided untapped - no transistor mounting holes ?
What's the spacing distance between the transistor mounting holes provided ?
Thanks.

For the heatsink dissipation check: 40mm Heatsink Information - you'll have to do the maths to work out whether your project is suitable or ask someone knowledgeable to help you work it out (I'm no dissipation guru).

Heatsinks can be untapped - just buy the all regular (non deluxe) version, although that will have steel top, bottom and back panels and no perforated base.

Transistor spacing mounting holes, check the UMS: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/imag...sal/universal-mounting-specification-v2.1.pdf

Any more questions just ask!