Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Mezmerize B1 Buffer Preamp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2019, 03:30 PM   #401
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddish75 View Post
It has Mezmerize version by CRT printed on it, are there any circuit differences or is It just component value differences?
In old Mez boards the mounting points are not compatible with 10mm x 10mm perforated plate matrix and the Voltage reference branches run mismatched currents by design. Better voiced for lower PSU bias with 2x68R. You may notice one five LEDS row glows bit brighter than the other. That's normal in those boards. But they work at 200mA as well.
Old 21st October 2019, 04:40 PM   #402
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacek View Post
No. I haven't tried yet.
By the way, where did you find the discontinued Omrons? Stashed away or from Ebay?
Old 21st October 2019, 05:47 PM   #403
reddish75 is offline reddish75  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
In old Mez boards the mounting points are not compatible with 10mm x 10mm perforated plate matrix and the Voltage reference branches run mismatched currents by design. Better voiced for lower PSU bias with 2x68R. You may notice one five LEDS row glows bit brighter than the other. That's normal in those boards. But they work at 200mA as well.
OK thanks, I've combined the two BOMS to create one I'm happy with.

With the led's with the Mezmerize do they have to be matched? if they do are the ones from the 10-year bom suitable for this?
Old 21st October 2019, 06:16 PM   #404
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddish75 View Post
OK thanks, I've combined the two BOMS to create one I'm happy with.

With the led's with the Mezmerize do they have to be matched? if they do are the ones from the 10-year bom suitable for this?
The ones from the ten year edition's BOM (WP113IDT) are suitable and consistent enough for any edition so you may skip the matching step with them. In the past with random/generic red Led types it was advisable to check their individual VF and match.
Old 26th October 2019, 11:41 PM   #405
jjacek is offline jjacek  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
By the way, where did you find the discontinued Omrons? Stashed away or from Ebay?
LOT OF 10pcs G6H-2-100-DC12 - RELAY - CASE: 10 PIN TUBED - MAKE: OMRON | eBay
Old 2nd November 2019, 05:09 PM   #406
cyruz is offline cyruz  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hello guys a couple of questions from my side:

1) Is this build approachable by somebody who is skilled with welding but lacks electronic knowledge? I see that the PCB has all the indications so I guess it should be fine for a noobie.

2) Any hints about an italian store where it's possible to source all the components or any store that ships worldwide?

Thank you very much
Old 2nd November 2019, 05:46 PM   #407
Stixx is offline Stixx  Germany
diyAudio Member

Buonasera,

when you follow the instructions closely I am sure you can build one. Before doing something stupid/uncertain better ask here on the forum.

I am sure there are electronics online stores in Italy, but otherwise Mouser and Digikey are your friend, only to name the biggest ones. You have a minimum order of usually about 60€ (?), and shipping from the US can be as quick as 2 days.
Old 3rd November 2019, 01:29 AM   #408
cyruz is offline cyruz  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx View Post
Buonasera,

when you follow the instructions closely I am sure you can build one. Before doing something stupid/uncertain better ask here on the forum.

I am sure there are electronics online stores in Italy, but otherwise Mouser and Digikey are your friend, only to name the biggest ones. You have a minimum order of usually about 60€ (?), and shipping from the US can be as quick as 2 days.
Ciao Stixx,

thank you very much

Mezmerize B1 Buffer PreampHide this!Advertise here!