• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

How to Build Speaker Enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have four copies of this book by Badmaieff and Davis. If you are not familiar with this book it has working drawings of a bunch of classic speaker designs by Jenson, JBL, Altec, Klipsch, etc. There is also a wealth of information on speaker design. It is available on Amazon and eBay for anywhere from $23 (in poor condition) to $56. The price here for forum members is only $15 plus shipping. All are in good to very good condition. Three have cover as shown and one has '70s Teledyne cover.

Thanks,
John

Attachments

• dsc01115.jpg
    dsc01115.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 421
Hi John,

It's probably not a written rule - at least, I couldn't find it. But, at a guess, as you're selling something (in this case), it should be in the Trading Post and not anywhere else.

That's a pretty good price for these, I'd go for one if I didn't already have it. You must have found some buried treasure!

That's a pretty good price for these, I'd go for one if I didn't already have it. You must have found some buried treasure!

Actually, I've had these for some time now and am offering them to forum members at a fairly discounted price. Since most people don't always read the Trading Post forum, I think it is reasonable to alert those who subscribe to the pertinent forum to what is available. Otherwise good deals may end up going to resellers who only scour the selling forums.

John

I kind of agree with you, but I can see the point of keeping the other forums on-topic.

Well, the availability of a desireable book about building speaker enclosures is rather on topic in a speaker building forum. I have "cross-posted" before for things that I had for sale relating to a forum and got no trouble from the moderator. I believe that in this case Pinkmouse is being something of a priss. I probably shouldn't have said that, but I have found his deletion of some of my posts to be unreasonable.

John

I have four copies of this book by Badmaieff and Davis. If you are not familiar with this book it has working drawings of a bunch of classic speaker designs by Jenson, JBL, Altec, Klipsch, etc. There is also a wealth of information on speaker design. It is available on Amazon and eBay for anywhere from $23 (in poor condition) to $56. The price here for forum members is only $15 plus shipping. All are in good to very good condition. Three have cover as shown and one has '70s Teledyne cover.

Thanks,
John

I have three more of these left at $7 each.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.