• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Maxed out Bottlehead Foreplay II pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale is a Foreplay II with all the upgrades and more. First off, it’s the Bottlehead “whole deal” package which includes C4S Anticipation, Sweet Whisper Attenuators and gold RCA Connectors.

The upgrades are:
* HV and filament snubbers
* Psudo Dual Mono Power Supply (PDMPS) with additional 220pf 200V caps (DIY Cable Foreplay II upgrade kit)
* 3.0uF Auricap for the output caps
* Hammond 155j inductor (replaced the first resistor in the power supply)
* Corcom AC filter power cord recepticle
* Painted and isolated power transformer

Tubes include a pair of 5963 that came with the kit and a few other 12AU7s of unknow performance. Base is stained natural cherry with a coat of satin lacquer. Unit works and sounds great as mentioned in the Bottlehead forum. The only issue is that the left channel has a very slight hiss, compared to the right channel, which can ony be heard with you ear up close to a pair of 95dB Fostex speakers. It cannot be heard sitting in a normal seating position. All documention is included.

This pre-amp is one of the great values in tube audio and would be perfect for someone interested in getting a tube sound from their Solid State systems. Just replace your existing pre-amp with this Foreplay and hear what all the excitement with tube audio is all about!

Price is $260 not including shipping to US only. Non credit card Paypal is prefered.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/rockiesdad1/album/576460762329988491/photo/294928803423997587/0

RockysDad said:
The only issue is that the left channel has a very slight hiss, compared to the right channel, which can ony be heard with you ear up close to a pair of 95dB Fostex speakers. It cannot be heard sitting in a normal seating position.

FYI, I went back and fixed it last night. Works great now, not tht it was bad but now its even better!

tf1216 said:
I was unable to PM or email you.

I wanted to ask why you were selling this unit. Thanks.

Hummm.... I checked my options and it seems to be set to receive PM. Strange...

Anyway, I moved on to different pre-amps and haven't been using this one in a while. Different tubes and topologies yield different sounds and keeping DIY in mind, I found one that I like better, thus have been using that one in my main system. It took a long time to find something better but I am now ready to move on...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.