• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Magnequest Iron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have three items for sale:

1 pair FS 050 SE airgapped output transformers
Used about 50 hours with R120 tubes
Same as legendary FS-030 but with 5K primary
See http://www.magnequest.com/030.htm for details
Price $395US plus shipping

1 pair EX-45 parafeed transformers made with M4 not permalloy
Used about 100 hours
See http://www.magnequest.com/exo_45.htm for
similar specs to permalloy
Price $195US plus shipping

1 pair NEW RIT5 Senior Parafeed interstages
Made with permalloy / M6 - small chips on bobbin work perfectly
See http://www.magnequest.com/bottlehead/magnequest_transformers.htm for details
Price $195US plus shipping

Thanks
Bob.Obo

Bob.Obo said:
Hello "commstech",

Yes, I do ship to Singapore and have sent to Singapore before with no problems.

What are you interested in?

Bob.Obo
i am interested in the FS 050 SE. I am unable to find any specs in the Magnequest website for FS050. They only have specs for the 2.5K and 3k version.

1. Is $us395 the price for the pair?
2. How many watts rated is the FS 050? Looks and finishing the same?
3. Are u sending me by airmail? Does your quote of $us395 still stand for sending to Singapore?
4. How do i pay u?

It would be great if u can send me pics of the trans.

Commstech, you were asking...

1. Is $us395 the price for the pair?

Yes, $395US is for the pair.

2. How many watts rated is the FS 050? Looks and finishing the same?

The FS-050 looks exactly like the FS-030; same look, same finish. This pair of FS-050 they look terrific and come with the original packaging and literature.

From the Magnequest First Series line information: "The FS-050 is especially designed for superior results with the W.E. 300B valve. The primary impedance is 5,000 ohms. The secondary impedances are 4, 8 and 16 ohms. The FS-050 will deliver up to 40 watts into any specified load."

The information specifies 60ma unbalanced DC but like the FS-030, 80 ma unbalanced current will not reduce the primary inductance noticably. The higher primary impedance of the FS-050 will result in less distortion compared to a FS-030 when used with 300B, 2A3, 845, etc.

3. Are u sending me by airmail? Does your quote of $us395 still stand for sending to Singapore?

The offer was $395US plus shiiping. However, I will pay for surface shipping ($52US).

If you want to have air shipping it will cost you an additional $81US.

4. How do i pay u?

You can pay by check or money order.

It would be great if u can send me pics of the trans.

My digital camera is broken but I can borrow a camera if you really want a picture; they look like the FS-030.... there is no MQ painted on the bell ends like the FS-030 model available now. As mentioned the transformers look terrific.

Bob.Obo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.