• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: full-range Fostex FE126E BLH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

Built these about a year ago now, and have been my main system speakers ever since. I will be sad to see them go, but i've just got back from oz, skint and need to start looking for a house. And I'm itching to build something else!

They use the Fostex FE126E as full-range mains, with an FT17H as a supertweeter, with a single polypropylene cap mounted on the binding posts, so experimentation is easy! The binding posts are wired so it's easy to disconnect the tweeter if so desired (with no tools)

No expense or time spared in the construction. The main cabinet is all 1" MDF with rippled sycamore veneer, and solid wenge trim, finished in oil and wax. The bases are solid sycamore with 1" gold plated cones. Each cabinet weighs about 60kg so they're quite substantial!

You're welcome to come and have a listen, and I can deliver if my costs are covered. I'm open to offers but it will have to be a sensible one to make me part with them, after the hours and money I've poured into them.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 364
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.