• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

UltraAnalog D20400A

Hi vadimgal:
Try to contact with you but I can't reach your email....
Please email me where I can buy D20400A, I need two of them. Becasue my DAC, SF D2MKII, power LED is twinkle..., can't send analog signal to my pre-amp, SF Line 3. My friend maybe my D20400A is dead.... Please help, thanks a lot. Here is my email: dyu@mmm.com

beau2317 said:
I have an UltraAnalog D20400 that came out of my Ben Duncan DAC, which I would be willing to sell. It was working fine when I stoped using it a few months ago, I took it out of the sockets and put it into conductive foam.

I don't know what the difference between this and the -A suffix version is.

Message me if you are interested.

I'm interested.
Please email me.

d20400 replacement

I just finished a drop in replacement for the D20400 in the Levinson No35. like the No30.6, It uses two PCM1704K and OPA627.

At first I thought there was a data format problem since the output was very distorted. But the problem was the No35 bit clock driver IC sucked. The long BCLK trace to the DAC is about 8 pF and the original IC MCxxxx could only pull up 0.5 mA. So a poorly shaped 1 V p-p is all there is, but for the D20400 it worked. The replacement SN65XXX delivers a beautiful BCLK and all is good.

I got the idea from the Levinson No30.6 where they did just about the same thing but their board is NLA and was $800. I also used dual PCM1704K and OPA627. So it also measures and funtions almost exactly like the D20400 but I included a 2 pole LPF to reduce out of band noise. I still need to try it in our No30 and No30.5.

S/n 114 dB un-wtd 22-22kHz. Low 0.0020% distortion with 16 bit data.