• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 power transistors, genuine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Because I couldn't get these transistors in small quantities for my projects, I had to buy some extra which are now available for less than I payed for them (they cost me 3,50 Euro each).

They are 100% genuine Toshiba.

I'm looking for 2,50 Euro each + postage.

Postage cost to anywhere in the world will be:

Regular AirMail/Priority:
4 pcs 1,18 Euro; 20 pcs 2,63 Euro; 40 pcs 4,76 Euro

Registered AirMail/Priority:
4 pcs 4,52 Euro; 20 pcs 5,97 Euro; 40 pcs 8,10 Euro

One of the payment options is Cash on delivery (but not all countries are supported): Add 2,88 to Registered mail price + whatever your post company charges.

Thanks,
M.

they cost me 3,50 Euro each

JFTR:
if you really paid that much for those numbers and bought that many that you can offer batches of 40 pieces=> it would have been smarter to ask here for an adress of a supplier.
PROFUSION in the UK sells these babies for 1.10 Euro EX. the piece if you take 25 or more. Buy 100 and you'd have them for less than 1.50 Euro including tax and delivery www.profusion.co.uk

jacco vermeulen said:

JFTR:
if you really paid that much for those numbers and bought that many that you can offer batches of 40 pieces=> it would have been smarter to ask here for an adress of a supplier.
PROFUSION in the UK sells these babies for 1.10 Euro EX. the piece if you take 25 or more. Buy 100 and you'd have them for less than 1.50 Euro including tax and delivery www.profusion.co.uk

Hi,
thanks for the info.

Yes, that is all true, but: :)
the price you mention is without VAT
Shipping to EU would cost 29 Euro
Bank transfer would cost me 15 Euro
I can't throw them in their face in case they would be fakes.

I could eventually also get them from Digikey, but same story:
Handling for international order: USD 6
shipping: USD 29
Wire transfer (their charge): USD 20
Wire transfer (my bank's charge): USD 15
+customs + VAT

I could get the guarantee that they are genuine from a local supplier, so I bought them here.

Eva said:
Given the huge amount of fake versions of 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 devices being currently sold in the European market, how do we know that yours are genuine?

Furthermore, are you sure that yours are not fakes?

Hi,

yes, I am sure they're genuine.

I can send you a pair for free.

If you decide to buy them, I can even wait for the payment until after you receive them.

Basically, I just want to get some of invested money back, even if at some loss, so if that would help to clear your doubts, please let me know.

01001101 said:
Yes, that is all true, but:

Profusion is a ligit business, they sell genuine Toshiba, you could have heard that here.

Let me give you my numbers:

Suppose you bought 50 of each, used 10 yourself and you are offering the remaining 40 for sale.
Profusion charges 1.10 Euro for each device, with British VAT that makes 1.29 Euro.
Times 100 is 129 Euro, plus 29 Euro shipping and 15 Euro transfer costs is a total of 173 Euro.
If you paid 3.5 Euro per device 173 Euro would have bought you close to 50 of these devices.
Even with all the costs you mentioned you would have gotten them for half the price at Profusion.
How many Toshiba devices are you exactly offering for sale ?

jacco vermeulen said:

Profusion is a ligit business, they sell genuine Toshiba, you could have heard that here.

Let me give you my numbers:

Suppose you bought 50 of each, used 10 yourself and you are offering the remaining 40 for sale.
Profusion charges 1.10 Euro for each device, with British VAT that makes 1.29 Euro.
Times 100 is 129 Euro, plus 29 Euro shipping and 15 Euro transfer costs is a total of 173 Euro.
If you paid 3.5 Euro per device 173 Euro would have bought you close to 50 of these devices.
Even with all the costs you mentioned you would have gotten them for half the price at Profusion.
How many Toshiba devices are you exactly offering for sale ?
Hi,
Thanks for summing that up.

I bought 50 pcs (25 pairs).
The price difference would be 35 Euro.

I've been ripped off twice before with fakes from other suppliers. So I preferred to pay 35 Euro extra than to be left with 50 fakes which I could only throw in the bin. I simply don't have time and energy to deal with a potential fakes issue overseas.

Here where I bought them (just across the street, so to speak), I inspected them upon delivery and cracked a pair open and if there was anything wrong, I would have just walked away and not spend a cent.

I'm not implying that the mentioned source doesn't sell originals, but to me it's simply too much risk for 35 Eur gain, considering previous experience with unfamiliar suppliers.

I hope it makes sense now.

40 pcs (20 pairs) are for sale.

pinkmouse said:
Jacco, I think he's got the point. No need to keep repeating yourself. ;)
Hi,
Yes, i've got the point and understand it perfectly. But please consider my point of view, explained above.

If there are any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.