• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F/s Aksa 100n

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AKSA 100W power amp with Nirvana upgrade (not N+) for sale in Leeds, UK.

Built on Version 1.74 boards (the boards have minor modifications to bring them up to the designer's later specification). I think this is the optimum AKSA and chose not to implement the N+ upgrades because I did not like the "black gate sound" when tried on my AKSA 55.

The amp is dual mono, using 2 X Nuvotem 300VA transformers (Part Number 92541) 35-0-35V with genuine 240V primaries (these toroids were custom wound for me so you may not find them in Novotem's product list), zero mechanical hum, low flux (for audio).

The case is custom made from 3mm aluminium (no steel - except for the screws) with black powder coated top, bottom and rear panels. The front is 3mm thick black anodised aluminium. The cosmetic finish is generally good with but with some small marks and a couple of hairline scratches on the top of the case. Pictures, internal and external, are available if you send me a PM

Overall dimensions: 445mm W X 306mm D X 87mm H (+ 3 or 4mm for the feet and
20mm for rear panel connectors). All screws are black countersunk or button-head hex screws.

Sound quality - I think you all know!

Price £450.

Pics

Attachments

• aksa 55 037.jpg
    aksa 55 037.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 624
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Dave,

This is probably going to be a bit of an insult but bare in mind that I'm really looking to buy a recent spec 100N+ from Hugh. I could be interested in this one but I'd need a strong argument for deviating from my vision.

So with that in mind how does £300 sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.