• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph 2 Boards Ordered

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Update:

I am out of output boards... If there is still interest, I may do another run of boards with some changes such as bigger holes, wider traces, etc...

I have a few driver boards left.

Daniel, why not build an Aleph 2, Aleph 5 or Aleph 3 instead of the Aleph 60? Many people have built one and I think that everyone is very happy with the results.

The cost for two driver boards is USD$45.00 plus shipping. Shipping to Europe is costing me USD$8.75

Best Regards,

Dale

Dale,

Will your driver boards work for an Aleph 3? I'd like to build something, but not too large. The room is small, 12 x 14', currently using a 50 watt Rotel with no problems.

Do you still have all of the mosfets etc. included with the driver boards, and how much to ship/mail to Toronto Canada?

Thanks,
RonS

OK,,

Please email me if you decide to order more output PCB's.

The reason why I'm building Aleph 60 is that I have listened to it and it sounded great. The aleph 2 is probably just as great or even better but i dont want to take any chanses.
60W is anyway more than I need.

I would like it even more if i could get a hold of the original PCB design.
And IRF244 in TO3.....

Do you still sell matched IRFP240?

/Daniel Sjölund

BOM and schematics not posted?

The design by Mr Pass att Pass Laboratories if you are talking Aleph 2.

The reason then is most likely because there is absolutely no need for it since it is available for download from the company that made the original? And other places.

/UrSv

Joined 2002
Paid Member
if I was an EE, I would not have asked...

-but everytime I ask, I only get referred to Brians page:
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte619j/alephpcb/
or "passdiy".

Brians page have a components-list, but it's not complete,
with some values missing.

And looking at Aleph 2 manual, you will find that very few parts
(if any) are the same as Mr. Pass' Aleph 2.

Please, a bit help here?

Arne K

Hi Arne et all,

I apologize for my laziness. I will attempt to update my BOM and post it later today or tomorrow.

I guess that I incorrectly assumed that all of the information could be obtained from the schematics at passlabs and the list on Brian's web page.

Today, I am going canoeing with my daughter's class.

Later,

Dale

Re: if I was an EE, I would not have asked...

Cobra2 said:
-but everytime I ask, I only get referred to Brians page:
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte619j/alephpcb/
or "passdiy".

Brians page have a components-list, but it's not complete,
with some values missing.

And looking at Aleph 2 manual, you will find that very few parts
(if any) are the same as Mr. Pass' Aleph 2.

Please, a bit help here?

Arne K

What parts are you missing? I've just ordered a bunch of stuff. Most of my part number are derived from what's on the website, but maybe I've found something you're missing.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
The gerbers on the website are not the newest gerber files. I can update the gerbers in a bit. They are on my other computer.

Sorry for the lack of component list. It is a combination of the Aleph 2/4 circuits. All of the Aleph circuits are the same, except a couple of things, such as NPN compensation caps, where it doesn't matter if you go CE or BE, as long as you use the correct value. There are a few threads on this. The layout was gone over by several people on this forum, and with suggestions from Mr. Pass, a circuit layout was agreed on. It seems to work great.

I will see if I can get the webpage updated in a few days with the new gerbers and a better component list.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.