• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

****Silver wire 4n 99.99% 0.5mm x 25m for sale ****

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Due to a miscalculation on the part of my supplier they sent me 10x my order........but of course charged me. So I have a number of rolls of Silver wire 4n 99.99% 0.5mm dia x 25m, each is 50g, for sale. I have used this for IC's and speaker cable. This is uninsulated, but ptfe sleeve works a treat

pm me

I've some up on ebay with a pic.

Item number: 5785786014

As silver is approx 25% more conductive than copper this wire would be the equivalent thickness of .8mm dia copper.

I use this for audio Interconnects and speaker cable. You can of course put several cores to gether to increase current carrying capacity.

I can also get hold of 1mm 1.5mm 4n wire and also 3mm x0.3mm, 5mm x 0.3mm flat wire but this would be specially ordered [which is not a problem] cost of the 1mm wire 25m will be 4x the price of the 0.5mm plus postage.

If your intrested email me on peter.kendall4@ntlworld.com

No offence here, but for the record, silver is not 25% more conductive than copper. It's between 5-6% percent more. The really significant difference is between each metal's oxides. Silver's barely decreases in conductivity, while copper oxide does substantially. But, these numbers and their percent difference I forget and am currently too lazy to find... :D

You can check material's properties sites and about a million audio related discussions to verify this...

Andy

Your numerically correct ...what I meant to say was that for the same current carrying cappacity you need about 20% more copper [this depends on a number of other factors including temp and insulation type]. The difference is indeed about 6% [631/mohm/cm for silver to 594/mohm/cm copper].

You are also correct that silver salts are not a barrier to the transmission of electricity as copper salt are. I say salts as it normally sulphides and not oxides in the polluted northern hemisphere that cause the problems.

combine this with an 8% better resistivity over copper.

I was trying to keep it simple.............but did not express myself very clearly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.