• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Top Hat Tube Dampers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A new approach to reducing tube microphony! The Top Hat is machined from a slug of high density metal, into a unique and novel shape. The Top Hat, when attached to a small-signal tube (ie. 9-pin), is designed to lower internal microphonics, and to lower the tube's suseptibility to microphonics induced from external sources. The Top Hat is glued to the top of the tube, using an easily removable adhesive. This allows the top hat to be re-used almost indefinitely. The Top Hat tube dampers and container of adhesive. Reg $129.00, Sell$50.00

Bought for my tube phono stage, but abandoned the project.

Attachments

• damp.jpg
    damp.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 878
Aleph Ono // Tophats

Peter:

Thanks for your returns on my posting "Aleph Ono / Xono" today..hope to build an Ono soon. I have an Atma-Sphere MP3 which I like very much but I am having a problem with some nice sounding (but microphonic) Mullards in it. Do you still have the Tophats? If so, I would like to buy them. Look forward to listening to a very quiet and flexable phono section with the Ono, hope it's as musical as my Atma

Best

Keith (KDT)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.